Get a true taste of Orlando even on a long layover when you stay at one of these top hotels near Orlando International Airport – bookable with Culture Trip.
No matter your reason for flying into Orlando International Airport, it’ll be hard to contain your excitement when your plane touches down. MCO is only a few miles away from the theme parks, but you should know that the City Beautiful offers much more than thrill rides and water parks. Golf courses designed by the game’s greatest players are right around the corner from innovative restaurants serving up the best global cuisine. These top picks near the airport offer everything you need, whether you’re on a family vacation or a spa getaway.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
If you thought Orlando was a haven for theme parks, just wait until you discover all of the golf courses surrounding Rosen Shingle Creek. Stay and play on their Palmer-inspired course then take on the King’s own greens at Arnold Palmer’s Bay Hill Club & Lodge only 15 minutes away. Forgot your game at home? Take private lessons at the Brad Brewer Golf Academy on-site and review your green notes while relaxing in the hot tub.
Get to know Orlando’s wealthy whereabouts during a stay at the Alfond Inn. This boutique hotel has a vibrant contemporary art collection that reflects the talent and vision of its proprietor, the liberal arts institution Rollins College. An in-room wine tap will tempt you to spend your entire trip lounging in a robe and slippers with a glass in-hand. Do rest assured that plenty of vino, award-winning restaurants and charming local shops are right around the corner on popular Park Avenue.
Tell the kids that the Grove Resort & Spa has its own Surfari Water Park, and they’ll forget all about the House of Mouse. This wet and wild wonderland is included in your stay, which means endless lazy river rides, water slides and glides on the FlowRider surf simulator. The only reason they’ll want to dry off is to play games and make crafts at the activity center and family fun center – until they’re ready to dive back into the pools.
Blue Heron Beach Resort brings the beach to you. No need to drive all the way to the coast; the shores of Lake Bryan are just outside of your cozy Sunrise Suite. Jet skis, pontoon boats and ski boats are available for rent if you need a day spent topside; there’s also a tiki bar beside the pool if you need a day spent tipsy. A complimentary shuttle service can transport you to the theme parks if you need a break from this beachy bliss.
Had enough with the theme park queues? Caribe Royale is primed for your relaxation. Send the kids off to ride the water slide umpteen times while you watch from a luxurious cabana. If you can convince the little ones to stay put in the game room, you may be able to sneak over to the Island Spa for a detoxifying dry brush exfoliation. You’ll enjoy your down time at Caribe Royale so much, you’ll find it difficult to leave your queen suite the next morning.
You won’t need to step outside this hotel on the tourist haven of International Drive. An arcade, cafe, mini-market and three pools surround comfortable guest rooms. But when you do, stride up and down I-Drive to spend all day shopping at Pointe Orlando, dining on nearly every cuisine imaginable and laughing all on the thrill rides at ICON Park.
In the rare hours when you aren’t riding roller coasters and snapping photos with iconic fictional figures, the Berkley has you covered. Hit the swimming pool when the sun’s up and the pool table or arcade in the moonlit hours. You’re welcome to kick back in your two-bedroom villa, unless you’re with the whole family in a four-bedroom unit, of course. You’ll find a few hours of popcorn and peace in the private movie theater on-site.
It may not be on a literal island, but the sparkling pool, boat rides on Lake Cecile and quiet putting green at Star Island Resort will make you feel miles away from Central Florida. Don’t let this oasis fool you; your spacious suite with a full kitchen, private patio and jacuzzi tub are right around the bend from Falcon’s Fire 18-hole course and an evening of jousting at the theatrical Medieval Times restaurant.
For more excellently located hotels in the Sunshine State, see the best hotels near Miami International Airport and the best near Busch Gardens. They’re bookable now via Culture Trip. For the ideal post-pandemic getaway, make sure you venture out to Florida’s “last paradise” and make the most of the state’s blue waters by seeing the best things to do in Destin. If you’re a foodie, venture to Fort Myers; here are the best restaurants in the city.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.