There are way too many reasons to visit Orlando, Florida. The City Beautiful itself is an amazing place even before you add in its renowned theme parks. The best part is that the shores of the Atlantic are closer than you think. Roller coasters and rolling waves – who says you need to choose between the two? Have the ultimate Central Florida vacation when you stay at one of these best beach hotels near Orlando, bookable on Culture Trip.
Hungry for more after eating your way around the world at Epcot? Costa d’Este has a wave of locally sourced meals for you. Sunday brunch at Wave is an exercise in balance – well, balancing a bellini in one hand and a heavily garnished bloody mary in the other. You’ll always smell the day’s fresh catch grilling in the kitchen and you’ll always find us at the Cabana Bar, deciding which gelato flavor pairs best with flourless chocolate cake and oceanfront views.
Trust the kids to know what makes the best beach hotel in Orlando. A clue? Location, location, location. This chic beachside Hilton has that part nailed. It’s across the street from the Daytona Lagoon water park and only a sandy skip away from the Daytona Beach Main Street Pier. Get down there quicker with a bike rental from the hotel, or a boogie board rental if the kids would rather skim their way down the shore.
Whether you’re riding the Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster at Universal Studios or Hollywood Studios, you’ll be in good company at Hard Rock Hotel in Daytona Beach. Just over an hour from Universal Orlando Resort, you can spend your time rocking out on the ocean. Ask your roadies – erm, we mean the staff, of course – to bring up a Fender guitar and a record player for you to play along with your idols. Who knows? Maybe one of the live musicians will hear your tunes and ask you to join them for a performance.
Does an oceanfront resort like the Daytona Grande really need an infinity pool? Absolutely, and it’s the only one in the city – which is just one of the reasons why this property is one of the best beach hotels near Orlando. They’ve also got a calorie-crushing fitness center in full view of America’s most famous beach. You’ll find panoramic ocean views from virtually every suite, but we can guarantee that the beach cabana has full visibility of the sun, sand and surf in every direction.
Get from the actual ocean to SeaWorld in an hour when you stay at DoubleTree in Cocoa Beach. This oceanfront abode will give you more than a fresh cookie as a sweet treat when you arrive. Let them roll your bags up to a balcony suite while you make dinner reservations at Dunes Restaurant. The Sand Break Pool Bar is a fine place to wait out your appetite, particularly with a piña colada in hand.
See another side of Florida that most newcomers to O-town miss when you book a room at the Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach. The only thing more effortless than making day trips to Jacksonville and St Augustine is hanging out at the resort. The kids will have loads of fun in the splash park and on the waterslide, while the adults enjoy the pool and jacuzzi all to themselves.
Sure, Universal’s Islands of Adventure has wizards, superheroes and dinosaurs, but Ponte Vedra Inn & Club has 36 holes of golf right on the ocean. Add in 15 tennis courts, four heated swimming pools and nearly a dozen restaurants, and you’ll wonder why Doctor Seuss didn’t choose this beachfront location for his landing. The kids won’t be bothered being so far from the parks, either; they’ll have their own private playground and nursery to keep them busy.
Fancy something a little more adventurous? Discover our guide to the best campgrounds near Orlando, or for a pet-friendly stay, check out our pick of the best pet-friendly hotels in Orlando, Florida, bookable with Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.