Get your Florida fix minus the hassle of an endless transfer, with a stay at one of these places near Miami International Airport – now bookable with Culture Trip.
Whether you’ve got a night to kill between flights, or you simply want to get from the plane to the surf as quickly as you can – Miami has some excellent hotels close to its international airport. There are elegant places to lay your head in neighborhoods such as classy Coral Gables and in art deco residences with views of the rolling Atlantic on South Beach. Pack a swimsuit, a holiday novel and lashings of sunscreen. These are the best check-ins near Miami International Airport (MIA).
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
This is one chic all-suite hotel, a little more than 10 minutes from MIA by cab. Check in, and prepare to be spoiled with blissful beauty treatments at Spa Azul. Relaxed and refreshed, head for seared signature steaks at the 5300 Chop House. When you’re ready to rest, the spacious suites – with full kitchens and living rooms – are only moments away from the pool deck. If golf is your thing, why not pit your clubbing skills against the Blue Monster: the most popular course in Miami, right behind the resort.
A quick half-hour rideshare from the airport, and you’ll be checking in at Shula’s Hotel & Golf Club. If you’re cramped from that flight, you’ll be able to stretch your legs: 18 holes of classic championship golf will loosen up those sore muscles; or, if it’s wet, the sprawling 45,000sqft (4,180sqm) athletic club will do the trick. If all that sounds too energetic, take a stroll around Miami Lakes to get your steps in before you return for dinner: steakhouses, Latin cuisine and a beer garden are almost on the doorstep of your pool-view room.
In thick traffic, it can seem like a bit of a hike as you head south from the airport. In fact, this highly rated property is just 20 minutes away by cab. South Beach it isn’t, but don’t worry – there are many ways to enjoy a sunny day here. Try Zoo Miami, go manatee-spotting at the Matheson County Preserve, or take an airboat tour into the Everglades for a real taste of the wild. Back at the Hilton, you’ll appreciate the laid-back lounge, yoga classes in the wellness center and strong drinks at Table 55.
It’s just under 30 minutes away from MIA in a taxi – and you won’t regret the time spent getting here, as you’ll be within a block of the Atlantic and a paltry 15 minutes from South Beach. Good luck making it that far – the hotel’s relaxing pool, along with the Blue Beer Garden gastropub, will reel you in like a snook on a short line. Happy hour here means potent drinks by half, so you can party South Beach-style at North Beach prices.
Hop into a cab for the 10-minute ride from the airport to the lush Coral Gables neighborhood in Miami, and settle in – but don’t think you have to forgo your exercise program. The hotel has introduced a complete Peloton set-up in the fitness center, so there’s no need to skip leg day on vacay. The Italian menu at Zucca is eccezionale, but the restaurant is far from the only renowned option in the area – the Miracle Mile, only a five-minute walk away, is the place for dining, shopping and people-watching, as is the nearby Village of Merrick Park.
True, getting here is a bit of an odyssey – literally, since the 40-minute jaunt from MIA includes a ferry ride. But the sheer exclusivity of this private hotel makes the Homeric transfer worthwhile. The property’s widely acclaimed luxury cottages were clearly designed to emulate holidaying with the Vanderbilts. How best to spend your time at this magic place? Try cruising around the island on your own private golf cart, play a game of racquetball, and drink deep from the fully stocked service bar in your room.
Save the cab fare for drinks by the beach, and flag down the express bus from MIA to South Beach. Within the hour, you’ll be sipping mai tais at the Savoy’s poolside bar. You’ll never tire of late-morning wake-ups to oceanfront views, but there’s more than the surf to capture your attention. Murals line the lobby and pools, showcasing Miami’s vibrant history from the time of the Savoy’s construction in 1935. For a more atmospheric period Miami, step out, and wander the famous Ocean Drive, lined with art deco hotels to photograph.
It’ll only take you around 30 minutes in a taxi or an Uber to get here – before you know it, you’ll be rubbing in your sunscreen at this magnificent beachside residence. Apply liberally and frequently, as they say; after all, you’ll be spending your waking hours out in the balmy Florida sunshine: choose between three outdoor pools, a soccer field, a basketball court and acres (hectares) of beachfront. When you’re ready to retreat from the heat, head up to your room, blast the air conditioning, and dive into a novel from the Bedside Reading Program.
There’s never a dull day in Miami, Florida – check out one of the many cool things to do in South Beach, including the best towns to visit for a day trip. If you’d rather be in the heart of the action, see our guide on where to stay in Miami, including accommodation by the famous Miami Beach, bookable now with Culture Trip. Alternately, check out our guide on the best hotels in Miami Beach.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.