Home to Mickey Mouse, SpongeBob SquarePants, Harry Potter and a parade of other characters, Orlando, Florida, is the number one global vacation destination for families. Between the Universal, Walt Disney World and SeaWorld theme parks, there are plenty of family-friendly hotels where little ones can play, while parents soak up the Florida sun. These animated places to stay lay on easy access to the parks, plus kids’ clubs, pools and spas to kick back in.
Just 3mi (5km) from Disney Springs, the lush 1,500 acres (607ha) of the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress will make you feel like you’ve jetted off to a tropical paradise. Your active family will love fishing, swimming, canoeing or playing any number of outdoor sports in this adventure haven. If you’re in a rush, skip dining at one of the four restaurants, and grab something from Starbucks from the convenient onsite market instead before hopping on the free shuttle to Disney Springs.
Found in the Universal Orlando Resort, the Hard Rock Hotel lets you live it up like a music legend (in a family-friendly environment). With iconic memorabilia on the walls and classic tunes pumped through speakers, rock and roll surrounds you at every turn. You’ll enjoy fast access to all Universal theme parks, including complimentary express passes, which allow you to skip the queues for rides. Let your kids party like superstars in the children’s activity centers while you grab a cocktail and catch a live concert.
Surrounded by all of the Walt Disney World theme and water parks, the Swan and Dolphin Resort is almost certainly the best hotel in Orlando for families planning a magical Disney vacation. The Camp Dolphin kids’ club hosts movie nights, arts and crafts and special dinners with guests like Pluto and Goofy. With worry-free childcare on site, you’re free to hit the golf courses, enjoy a massage or pedicure at the Mandara Spa or work your way through the 17 restaurants at the hotel. Yep, 17.
Enjoy a South Seas retreat without leaving the Universal Resort at Loews Royal Pacific Hotel. With similar amenities to other Universal options (like early park admission and express queue-jumping passes), Loews has a few unique qualities your family will enjoy, such as an evening torch-lighting ceremony, a biannual craft-beer festival and a lagoon-style pool with golden sands and palm trees. There are also the Jurassic kids’ suites available for dinosaur lovers in search of a special prehistoric playtime.
A family-friendly getaway that doubles as the ultimate golf and spa vacation, this Omni is a brilliant luxury Orlando hotel within 10mi (16km) of Walt Disney World. A cool 36 holes of championship golf sit alongside a miniature golf course, and there’s a choice between an adults-only and family pool, letting families balance time together and apart. Whether you stay in a traditional guest room or sprawling villa, every suite features lavish decor and luxurious in-room amenities.
Only 10 minutes in the car from International Drive, Orlando’s commercial center, Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaWorld is a great family hotel that won’t break the bank and features six accessible suites for guests with specific requirements. The resort has separate pool areas for kids and adults, giving everyone space to splash and play. Though small, there are two fantastic perks you and your kids will love: unlimited movies in your room via DVD Now and two cold bottles of water or fresh cups of Starbucks coffee every day.
If you’re looking for a luxurious family getaway, you can trust the Ritz-Carlton – one of the best boutique hotels in Orlando – to pamper you. Hit the 18-hole golf course designed by pro-golfer Greg Norman, or relax with a facial at the spa and salon. Grandparents and children can play together on the AquaCourse 360 experience before capturing memories forever with a private photography session against the hotel’s tropical backdrop.
One of the best spa retreats in Orlando, the upscale decor and furnishings of Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and Spa keep parents pampered. Meanwhile, the games room, kids’ club and pirates plunge pool will have children smiling ear to ear. Along with standard amenities like a pool, fitness center and theme-park shuttle, an onsite convenience store means your family will never go short on the little things. No worries about dinner, either: chow down on fish and chips from Frankie Farrell’s Irish pub, or grab a slice from Pizza Hut Express for the younger ones.
With suites nearly four times larger than the average Orlando hotel room, Floridays Resort provides plenty of space for families of all sizes, including pets. This resort is 20 minutes in the car from Cinderella’s Castle and provides a convenient shuttle service to Walt Disney World, Universal and SeaWorld. Little ones will love the water playscape and splash pad, pool and sandy beach area, while older family members can hang out at the poolside bar or in the Jacuzzi.
Looking for something a little different? Leave the little ones at home and book an indulgent stay at one of the best boutique hotels, one of the best hotels to book in Orlando for every traveler, the best luxury hotels in Orlando. Alternatively, check out the best family friendly hotels across Florida, the best pet-friendly hotels in Orlando, Florida, or these campgrounds near Orlando, bookable with Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.