Whether you’re looking for a theme-park adventure or outdoor activities in the warm Florida sun, there’s nothing like checking into the perfect hotel, grabbing the room key and flopping onto the bed to signal the start of a vacation. Orlando has a hotel to suit everyone, from families and pet lovers to spa dwellers, die-hard romantics, budget trekkers and luxury travelers. Tear yourself away from your perfect stay to visit the area’s plethora of theme parks – Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Florida, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and more – or play NASA at Kennedy Space Center. At the end of the day, you’ll be thankful to return to one of these top hotels in Orlando, all bookable with Culture Trip.
The Grand Bohemian is the very definition of luxury and style: expect velvet drapes, down pillows and luxury linens as you retreat into your own private oasis. Indulge all your senses in live jazz performances during Sunday Brunch or spend the day outdoors with a picture-perfect private picnic provided by the hotel.
Relax in your surfer/beach-themed room at this laid-back, family-oriented resort. With theme parks and Universal CityWalk just a stone’s throw away, the magic doesn’t have to end when you return to your room for the night. Enjoy the exclusive benefits of staying in Universal, including free water taxis or shuttles to the theme parks and early park admission, up to one hour before the parks open.
The Loews Royal Pacific Resort is a family-friendly hotel offering an island escape right in the middle of Universal Orlando Resort. It has a shimmering pool surrounded by a white sandy beach and palm trees, transporting you to a Polynesian paradise. For families wanting to hit the two Universal theme parks, there is complimentary boat transportation at the hotel, which typically takes about 15 minutes and drops you off near the entrance of each park.
For the family that needs space, the Floridays Resort Orlando offers two- and three-bedroom suites and is just 3mi (5km) from Walt Disney World, making it a convenient shuttle ride away. Amenities include a pool and a kids’ water play area, a fitness center and outdoor dining at the Palm Café Pool Bar.
When a luxury spa getaway is in order, make a reservation at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando. This hotel’s relaxing spa features 22 treatment rooms and offers massages, salt therapy, facials and more. When it comes to using natural ingredients, it sources local honey for many of its treatments. As part of your stay, enjoy the tea lounge, separate men’s and women’s spaces with saunas and jacuzzis and a tranquility lounge with zero-gravity lounge chairs.
The Alfond Inn, in historic Winter Park, is the perfect spot for a romantic getaway. Its beautiful interiors feature art from the Alfond Collection of Contemporary Art at Rollins College, which is part of the must-visit Rollins Museum of Art. During the day, soak up the warm Florida sunshine in the sparkling pool surrounded by a covered patio, and at night, retreat with a glass of wine from your in-room dispenser, which can be found in select suites.
Pet lovers and their furry friends will enjoy staying at this luxurious pet-friendly resort in Orlando. Upon arrival, all pets receive a bed, a water bowl and a food dish. As the hotel sits next to Walt Disney World, there are palm-tree-lined sidewalks to give you a classic Florida feel as you take your morning stroll.
When the Florida sunshine and a luxury vacation call your name, consider the Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes. One of the most romantic hotels in Orlando, it offers sweeping views of the area’s theme parks, including the nightly fireworks shows. As a guest, you can indulge in a spa day, play a round at the golf course or take a sunrise safari in the Everglades. When it’s time to cool off, you’ll also have access to the pools and lazy river at the JW Marriott Orlando next door.
If you love the luxury rock ‘n’ roll lifestyle, the Hard Rock Hotel is the perfect accommodation option, complete with California mission-style design inspired by classic rock music. Here, you can relax by a palm tree-lined swimming pool that plays music underwater, enjoy a steakhouse meal at the Palm and get exclusive access to the Universal Orlando Resort’s theme parks.
Francesca Paul contributed additional reporting to this article.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Traveling with young ones? Book one of the best family-friendly hotels in Orlando now with Culture Trip. Alternatively, for a little more glam book one of the best luxury hotels in Orlando. For more incredible places to stay in Florida, check out our guide to the best hotels in and near Winter Garden, Florida, bookable on Culture Trip.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.