Orlando in central Florida was put on the map in the 1970s when Walt Disney chose this as the location for his new Walt Disney World Resort. With a favorable climate and thousands of acres of farmland and undeveloped space at his disposal, this part of Florida was transformed within a few years. As a result, the destination today bears little resemblance to the town of 40 years ago. Families flock here year-round for the theme parks, beaches, lakes and Space Coast, to name just a few attractions.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Tuscany Village is on 34 acres (18ha) at the intersection of Vineland Avenue and International Drive, adjacent to Orlando Vineland Premium Outlets. Being right at the center of the action means Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and the Space Coast are nearby. This exceptional property has two pools, tropical landscaping with palm trees, and a fitness center, while the Toscana Pool Bar and Grill serves pizza, salads, sandwiches and specialty frozen tropical drinks.
The sheer size and grandeur of this luxury hotel are awe-inspiring, but it’s the surrounding nature that will take your breath away. The Spanish Revival style of the property is seen in its 1,500-plus guest rooms and suites – all decorated in ochre and earth tones. There are four large pools, a fitness center, a game room and a golf club enveloped in the verdant landscape. Dining is exceptional, with restaurants A Land Remembered and Cala Bella lauded by critics. But there are also many casual dining options and lounges.
You’ll have to drag yourself from this engaging 1,500-acre (607ha) resort with a private lake. There’s a lagoon-style pool with a swim-through underground cavern, soothing suites with calming colors, a Jack Nicklaus Signature Design golf course, tennis courts and a children’s water slide. Also, Walt Disney World Resort – including Disney Springs and Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park – Universal Orlando Resort and SeaWorld Orlando are on your doorstep.
The Hard Rock Hotel is a mix of accommodation and theme park and the perfect place to rock out in sunny Orlando. Of course, there’s a palm-flanked pool, but there’s also a phenomenal memorabilia tour plus musical recreation with top names dishing out entertainment. Food-wise, the diner-inspired Kitchen serves supremely American comfort food, while the Palm Restaurant is a steakhouse specializing in Italian cuisine. Soak up the atmosphere, and cocktails, at the Velvet Bar before stepping out onto the Veranda, a place to be seen and socialize.
This resort is all about size and space, offering two- or three-bedroom suites with kitchens; it’s perfect for larger families, groups of friends or those who want to spread out. Within an impeccably landscaped 20 acres (8ha), two heated pools provide a fun escape for kids, with movies, crafts and music part of the excitement. The Palm Café and pool bar offer snacks, pizza and drinks for the entire family. Other amenities include a shuttle service to area attractions, including Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando Resort and SeaWorld Orlando.
The Rosen Inn is known for its friendly, helpful and welcoming staff, including a concierge to help you buy theme park passes and book the free shuttle to Universal Orlando Resort and SeaWorld Orlando. It offers many amenities, including three pools, a video arcade, a playground and a gift shop. At the Plaza Garden Restaurant, there’s a breakfast and evening buffet, and children under five eat for free when accompanied by a paying adult. The popular Zebra’s Lounge and Grille is open until late and has karaoke nights. There’s also 24-hour uniformed hotel security.
If you want the feeling of holidaying on a tropical island, then the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort is certainly to your taste. At the Universal Orlando Resort, this excellent family property has 1,000 guest rooms and 83 suites decorated in shades of the sea to create that relaxing paradise feel. The 16,000sqft (1,486sqm) pool has a sandy beach and palm trees, as well as a hot tub, cabanas for rent and a water slide that kids will love. The hotel even has Caribbean-themed dining options. Benefits include early admission to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and free shuttle transport to the Universal parks, including nearby Universal’s Volcano Bay.
This hotel is part of the Endless Summer Resort. This sunny and vibrant retreat has a coastal vibe and comes with the fun and convenience of staying with Universal. Top amenities include its two large pools, sandy beaches, kid’s play area – with the chance to play hula hoop, ping-pong and bingo – fitness center, game room and Universal Studios Store. It’s a large complex with 2,050 guest rooms, which include 1,113 remarkable two-bedroom suites. Pier 8 Market offers breakfast, lunch and dinner, while the Oasis Beach Bar specializes in cocktails, frozen drinks, beer and wine.
This modern, fresh property is within walking distance – via a special path – of Universal’s Volcano Bay and includes other Universal theme park benefits, such as early access to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. This cool and soothingly decorated property has 600 guest rooms and suites. Amenities include a fitness center, a large swimming pool, a splash zone for kids and a firepit for grilling marshmallows and making smores, providing chill time for kids a bit tired from hectic and fun days at the parks.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.