Orlando, Florida, isn’t all about theme parks, at least not all about theme parks on land. Why not spend some time splashing around in one of Orlando’s famous water parks? Whether you’re interested in swimming up to the edge of an infinity pool, or spending time with your family at the splash pad, these hotels make it easy to have some fun in the sun – and you can book your stay now on Culture Trip.
With fountains of water bursting into the sky, this hotel is every kid’s dream playground. In an ideal location, Universal’s Aventura Hotel is right next to Universal’s popular Volcano Bay water park and its dozens of water slides. Imagine you’re on a Polynesian island as you drift along the lazy river before settling in the South Sea oasis.
If you’re looking for a hotel that is practically inside a water park, then look no further. The Cabana Bay Beach Resort overlooks Universal’s Volcano Bay. A walkway connects the hotel to the tropical paradise with free-fall rides, tube slides, lazy rivers and more. When you’re done swimming, enjoy some time in a private cabana and order a pizza for the family.
Grab the whole family, and rent an entire vacation house at the Encore Resort at Reunion. The resort has a sprawling 10-acre (4ha) water park with three big water rides: the WaveRacer, Stormchaser and Tsunami. If you want to get your heart pumping, you can plummet down a 60ft (18m) tower while the kids enjoy the Surfing Safari Kids’ Splash Area. Here, the whole family can also try their hand at being a real mermaid, donning a mermaid tail and learning to swim like one.
Giant water slides, a pumping wave pool, a lazy river and a kids’ area make Island H2O Live!, next to the Margaritaville Resort Orlando, exciting. One unique thing about this water park is that you can gain points, and the more points you earn the more discounts you get on merchandise and food throughout the day. Points also allow you to control the playlist that’s played throughout the park, so make sure you earn enough to put on your favorite tunes.
Explorer Island is the Four Seasons on-site water park, comprising five acres (2ha) of fun attractions. Start your day at the family pool, which features an underwater stereo system for your favorite songs, and then explore the adult pool, which overlooks one of Florida’s lakes. There is also a splash zone and lazy river for the younger members of your family. If you’re feeling adventurous, don’t miss the intriguing water slide, the Drop.
The R Aqua Zone water park at this hotel is perfect for families, featuring brightly colored slides and tropical bird figurines in the splash zone. Kids will love the waterfalls and spray jets as they cool off in the warm Florida sun. As for adults, grab a beach chair and enjoy a tiki drink while you watch your family have the time of their life on vacation.
Enjoying some time in the water is effortless at FantasyWorld Resort. You can choose from a variety of activities, including two pools, three hot tubs, a lazy river, two water slides and a kids’ splash pad. Each day, you can enjoy various poolside games, such as hula-hoop contests, a mini-golf challenge, football toss games and more, without ever having to leave the pool area.
With an on-site water park, Liki Tiki Village is a water playscape for kids and adults alike. Relax in the 1.5-acre (0.6ha) lagoon, which is part swimming pool and part water park, and enjoy five water slides, a waterfall and even an erupting volcano. There are plenty of lounge chairs around the lagoon, so you can always be close to your little ones as they splash and play.
This hotel is home to an astonishing seven pools, meaning you could bounce from pool to pool all day and still not be able to enjoy all of them. For those who want to take it easy, there is also a 1,200ft (365m) lazy river-style pool. For kids, the Hippo Waterslide is the spot to be, and they can go down the massive inflatable slide as many times as they want throughout the day.
Just steps away from your room at Westgate Town Center Resort is the Shipwreck Island Water Park, which features a pirate ship with water slides, water cannons and sprayers. After spending the day pretending to be a real pirate, it will be time for a drink. There are three bars near the pool – Jolly Roger’s Galley, Crow’s Nest and Sea Dog’s Bar. Rum, anyone?
Looking for more hotels in Florida? Check out the best hotels to book in Kissimmee, Florida, for every traveler, or opt for one of the best hotels in Orlando for every traveler. You could enjoy some fun with the little ones at the best family hotels in Orlando and book your next stay right here on Culture Trip. There are plenty of things to keep you busy, too, from exploring the most beautiful gardens in Orlando to enjoying natural wonders such as the best springs. Make a weekend of it and bring the whole family along; the kids will enjoy swimming with dolphins, while these unusual things to do will keep everyone else entertained.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.