The German capital is known for its effortless style and fashion-forward appeal. Berlin Fashion Week is the biannual event that shows off the best designers from the city and across the globe. For the city’s fashionistas, the week is a chaotic yet amazing time, filled with runway shows and fashion-centric events. But beyond the scheduled events, here are the best things to do during Fashion Week.
Catch the best street style
Some of the best fashion during Fashion Week isn’t on the runways, and in a city known for its distinctive style, you can be sure to find some of the best inspiration on the streets. With shows and events dotted around the city, you can also follow fashion bloggers to stay up to date with the latest trends or keep an eye out during your morning commute to catch the hottest looks of the season.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Try and spot some celebrities
Stylists, models, designers and celebrities all descend on Berlin during its biannual Fashion Week events, making the city just that little bit more fabulous. If you’re lucky you’ll even spot a few famous faces hanging around Soho House between events, on the runway, or on their way to shows around the city.
Get your morning coffee with the fashion glitterati
St Oberholz in Mitte is usually a haven for tech-heads and startups, but during Fashion Week this Mitte cafe becomes the place to grab your morning coffee. Rub shoulders with Berlin’s fabulous fashion-lovers and spend get your morning caffeine fix before the glitzy day ahead.
Shop the latest looks
During Fashion Week, Premium Exhibitions puts on a huge international trade show, a must-have ticket of the season for those in the industry. However, less business-oriented fashion enthusiasts can head over to Berlin’s shopping districts, Charlottenburg and Mitte, to shop until they drop.
Cocktails on Torstraße
After a busy day of soaking in the latest trends, Berlin’s fashion crowd rest their heel-clad feet at the Torstraße hotspot, Neue Odessa. Whether you’ve been taking in the shows with them or not, it’s the perfect place to spend an evening during Fashion Week. You can sip cocktails with the city’s über-chic crowd and soak in the week’s avant-garde atmosphere.
Use it as an excuse to rock your best threads
During Berlin Fashion Week the city becomes awash with bold prints, luxury coats and fancy garments. Berlin gets just a little bit more fabulous and it’s a chance to dig deep into your wardrobe and rock your best, fanciest threads for a week.
Finish the week in style
As Fashion Week comes to an end, official and unofficial closing parties are dotted around the city. So, like a true Berliner, end the week of fabulous fashion culture in style by hitting up some of the city’s best bars and clubs.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.