Miami’s an eclectic city brimming with must-see neighborhoods. From historic roads to culturally charged avenues to new and trendy boulevards, these are the coolest streets in the 3-0-5.
A nesting ground for Cuban immigrants since the ’60s, Calle 8 is one street in America you’d have little success asking directions in English. This vibrant street tucked in the neighborhood of Little Havana is dotted with Cuban restaurants, cigar shops, movie theaters, and the Maximo Gomez Park, otherwise known as “Domino Park”—a traditional meeting spot for Cuban veterans who have been playing dominos there for over 40 years. Get a taste of Cuban food such as the Cuban sandwich or media noche at some of the landmark restaurants, including Versailles, La Carreta, and El Exquisito.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Running from uptown to downtown, Biscayne Boulevard was designed in the ’20s to be Miami’s most beautiful shopping street. The boulevard is not so much a shopping street today as it is the center lane to some of Miami’s most popular cultural centers and a witness to Miami’s architectural developments in the form of luxury condos. The glittering boulevard is a runway for cruising sports cars and major points of interest such as the Freedom Tower, AmericanAirlines Arena, the Adrienne Arsht Center, the Pérez Art Museum Miami, Bayfront Park, and the Bayside Marketplace.
The Rodeo Drive of Miami, Miracle Mile is a pedestrian-friendly shopping street in the historic neighborhood of Coral Gables. The pretty street is home to the Actor’s Playhouse, the Colonnade Building, and a handful of wedding dress stores, restaurants, and charming coffee shops. The street ends just on Le Jeune Road where visitors can spot the Mediterranean-style Coral Gables City Hall.
You can’t check Miami off of your bucket list without a tour of the world-famous Ocean Drive. Lined with palm trees along Miami Beach, the infamous street is known for its nightlife and pastel-colored Art Deco buildings. During the day, explore the funky sex shops and see the vintage cars. In the evening, linger at the rowdy Clevelander Hotel for a night of salsa dancing, mingling, and drinking with the fresh breeze from the sea.
Clad in colonial architecture, Española Way looks every bit a European street with its charming pink stucco buildings and Spanish tile roofs. Tucked in the heart of South Beach, the pedestrian-friendly street makes for a pleasant stroll underneath the shade of the trees or a coffee break and dose of people-watching at one of its many cafés.
Not too far from Española Way, Lincoln Road is an outdoor mall with major shops and restaurants. A few of its major retailers include Apple, Victoria’s Secret, and H&M. You can also catch a glimpse of the modern parking garage at 1111 Lincoln Road, designed by Herzog & Meuron, or dine on the rooftop restaurant Juvia for a taste of Asian fusion cuisine and sweeping views of the beach.
Tying US-1 and Biscayne Boulevard together, Brickell Avenue runs through the Brickell business district and is easily accessible by public transportation, such as the free Metromover and the trolley. The street, which is car- and pedestrian-friendly, is where you’ll find plenty of suited business professionals, banks, foreign embassies, and a handful of luxury hotels. A street or two away is the entrance of Biscayne Bay, where aside from a glimpse of yachts and towering condos, you can also spot dolphins once in a while.
NW 2nd Avenue in Wynwood
The graffiti murals decorating the new arts district of Wynwood sweeps all over the neighborhood, but right on NW 2nd Avenue is where you’ll find the major stopping points like Wynwood Walls, Panther Coffee, and an endless array of art galleries and concept stores. Make sure to get your camera ready!
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.