Miami’s a must-visit hot spot at any age, but with so many scandalously fun things to do and delicious things to eat, there is no doubt that your twenties is the perfect time to venture through the 305. Here are the top 20 things to do.
Nothing says Miami like Bayside. It may sound like a tourist trap, but this is a rite of passage! Order a piña colada from the smoothie bar, and edge into the tropical vibe of this marketplace with a bayfront view of tourist boats and nightly live music. (You can even take a few salsa lessons from the crowd.)
Watch a Miami Heat game at the AmericanAirlines Arena
It’s still a “Heat Nation” even with LeBron James gone. Catching one of their playoff games comes at a high price tag, but it’s worth it!
AmericanAirlines Arena, 601 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL, USA, +1 786 777 1000
Have Cuban coffee and croquetas
Order a powerful cortadito and crunchy, delicious croquetas at any Cuban café window. The tiny espresso fools the eye with its cap size, but beware because it packs a punch! Croquetas may have originated in Spain, but these fried ham and breadcrumbed rolls are a Miami favorite.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Play dominoes in Little Havana
You don’t have to speak Spanish to play dominoes at the Maximo Gomez Park. Known unofficially as the domino park, this is the place to come and enjoy the local Cuban crowd on Calle Ocho. Get your game on with the elderly Cubans!
Maximo Gomez Park, 801 SW 15th Ave, Miami, FL, USA, +1 305 859 2717
Enjoy Wynwood’s street art
Admire the urban graffiti art at Wynwood. An array of uninterrupted art covers the walls of restaurants and other venues in this area. The artsy enclave is a hot spot for hipsters, bloggers and tourists alike, complete with plenty of opportunities for that perfect Instagram photo!
Go to ULTRA
If you’re an EDM fan, there’s no excuse for not going to the Ultra Music Festival. The three-day electronic dance music concert takes place every year in March at the Bayfront Park in Miami. The lineup’s amazing, the stages spit fire, and the unicorn-inspired outfits never disappoint!
Eat a cinnamon roll at Knaus Berry Farm
You may find yourself in line for over an hour, but these cinnamon rolls are the best. This sticky, gooey goodness is soft and warm, and the topping is actually not a glaze but rather the melting of cinnamon and sugar that oozes out of the bun. These babies are worth the wait (and the drive to Homestead).
Knaus Berry Farm, 15980 SW 248th St, Homestead, FL, USA, +1 305 247 0668
View this post on Instagram
⬇️We are just along for the ride ⬇️ with @mdoughw and @ubereats Sounds good to us! Somebody is going to get sticky!! @repostapp ⬇️ #Repost ・・・ Let's just take a moment to appreciate these beauties❣️Tomorrow 11:00am we go LIVE on @UberEATS!!! @mdoughw x @knausberryfarm STICKY DOUGHIE 🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🙌🏻😎#MdoughwGetsSticky
Gawk at the mansions on Star Island
Catch a boat from Bayside for a water tour of the iconic Star Island that showcases the luxurious homes of celebrities such as Paulina Rubio, Julio Iglesias, Lenny Kravitz and Madonna. Or you can drive yourself through the island’s bridge and tell the security at the gate you just want to peep through.
Explore Downtown Miami
Get your camera ready and wander through the streets of Downtown Miami’s historic neighborhood. Visit the Gesu Church on NE 2nd Avenue to see the beautiful stained-glass windows of the oldest Catholic church in Miami. Check out the Ingraham Building that showcases the elegance of the 1920s. You can also take the free Metro Mover and ride through the city to get another perspective.
Go on a cruise
Miami is the cruise capital of the world, so why not take a mini-vacation and jump on a cruise from the Port of Miami?
Hit Nikki Beach
Miamians like to party and then some, but so do foreigners. Mingle with people from all over the world at the infamous Nikki Beach while you sip on a fruity cocktail and watch the scandalous rowdiness that happens when someone orders a bottle.
Nikki Beach, 1 Ocean Dr, Miami Beach, FL, USA, +1 305 538 1111
Stroll through Española Way
Go on a date on Española Way. The pink Spanish-style buildings and the twinkling lights are seductive on a hot summer night.
Watch the sunset from a rooftop bar
Jet ski on South Beach
Grab a life vest and take to the beach! There’s no better way to have fun in Miami than riding a jet ski, even if you do topple over.
Watch a Marlins game at Marlins Park
Even if you’re not that into baseball (or you’ve heard how rarely the Marlins win a game), the Marlins Park stadium is still a must-see modern marvel where you can pig out on hot dogs and popcorn all while wearing an embarrassing foam finger. The baseball park features a beautiful glass window view of the city’s skyline and a retractable roof. Plus, you might even make it on the Kiss Cam!
Marlins Park, 501 Marlins Way, Miami, FL, USA, +1 305 480 1300
Eat shrimp at Monty’s Sunset
Have some crunchy shrimp, fries, and beer as you swim in a pool to the beat of Caribbean live music at Monty’s Sunset restaurant. Famous for its tropical vibes, Monty’s sits right on the docks of the Miami Beach Marina. Sunset view? Check. Waterfront? Check. Pool? Check. What’s not to love?
Monty’s Sunset, 300 Alton Rd, Miami Beach, FL, USA, +1 305 672 1148
Do Critical Mass
Grab a bike and cycle with a massive group all over Miami. Critical Mass is a cycling event held every last Friday of the month.
Learn some Spanish
You can’t go through Miami in your twenties without learning a few Spanish words. Practice with the friendly locals or pick up Spanish for Dummies. But really, the easiest way is to learn some words is by eavesdropping on conversations on Calle Ocho.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.