Panama knows a thing or two about how to live a peaceful life of mindful existence. Yoga is a great way to get your zen on and feel your body loosen up as your mind empties. Here are the best yoga studios to visit while in Panama. Namaste!
Located in Costa del Este, 212 Studio offers yoga as well as pilates, karate, pole fitness, belly dancing, jazz, martial arts, and much more for both children and adults. Come and enjoy a class of your choice. Stretch to your heart’s delight or enjoy a therapeutic yoga session.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Akila Yoga Institute
Akila offers as space for peace-seekers to come and balance their body, elevate their spirit, and calm their mind. Come for a deep, secure experience. Classes include breathing, meditation, and many other powerful tools to help relax and rejuvenate your soul.
El Arte de Vivir
In the heart of the snazzy area of San Francisco is the beloved meditation center El Arte de Vivir, which translates to The Art of Living. This peaceful safe-haven offers a monthly free meditation evening, to honor the energy of the full moon, and it is absolutely extraordinary. All are welcome to attend, from expert yogis to those who haven’t ever tried to meditate.
Bhakti Yoga Center
This is a non-profit cultural art center dedicated to sharing the physical, emotional, and spiritual transformation through ancestral culture and Bhakti yoga practices. Come and enjoy the events offered to experience the vibrant energy of sacred yoga practices.
Bhakti Yoga Center, Panama City, Panama, +507 6715 3266
In the heart of the ever-loved Casco Viejo is a studio called Casco Yoga. On offer is English-taught yoga, pilates, tai chi, dance, and private lessons, as well as events. This yoga studio and health center is dedicated to bringing yoga to all who wish to experience it. From Vinyasa and restorative yoga to Mysore and Ashtanga, the professional team offers personal and intimate English-taught classes with a maximum of 15 students per class.
Istmo Yoga and Adventure Retreat
This is a premier yoga retreat center and beach hotel near Panama City. Nestled in the plush jungle just a stone’s throw from the white-sand beach is this perfect, peaceful paradise. With yoga retreat events on offer, Istmo also has meditation retreats, yoga teacher training, weekend retreats, women’s retreats, wellness retreats, and more.
This yoga studio offers various types of classes, lessons, and therapies, including massages, and features promotions and events as well. Choose between a holistic massage, foot reflexology, deep muscle massage, and more, or pop into a yoga class. The weekly class schedule is available on the studio’s website.
Mandala Panama, Entre la Call 76-77, Panama City, Panama, +507 6796 0221
Velez Yoga is a safe space created for the practice of Ashtanga yoga in Casco Antiguo. Jose Luis Velez teaches Ashtanga yoga daily in the classical Mysore format after having studied in Mysore. Jose has been practicing Ashtanga yoga since 2008, and he also studied Ayurveda in Mysore. Visit his website for daily classes, workshops, corporate classes, and more.
Velez Yoga, Calle José D. de la Obaldía, Panama City, Panama, +507 6222 9001
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.