Thinking of a trip to India? Our 10-day epic adventure around Rajasthan ticks off some of the top sights in the country, including the Taj Mahal. For a more relaxed getaway, check out our nine-day Kerala trip – which includes a laid-back visit to the backwaters of Kumarakom.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Priyanka is among the most successful Bollywood stars to have pursued a career in Hollywood. Her debut as the lead character in TV show Quantico, which is currently on its second season, was well-received in the United States and in India. While filming for Quantico, the charismatic actress also played one of the lead roles in Bollywood blockbuster Bajirao Mastani, for which she won IIFA and Filmfare awards, among others. With a Hollywood movie premiere in Baywatch directed by Seth Gordon set for release in 2017, Priyanka has managed to juggle Hollywood and Bollywood like few others.
She’s only just making her Hollywood debut, but Deepika is one of the biggest Indian actresses to foray into Hollywood while her career in Bollywood is still at its peak. The queen of Bollywood at the moment – in terms of popularity, box office success and pay – is starring opposite Vin Diesel in action flick XXX: The Return Of Xander Cage, set to be released early next year.
This actor from Jaipur is a favorite at home and abroad. With almost just as many appearances in Bollywood and Hollywood releases, the actor has set many benchmarks. His latest Hollywood release includes Inferno, which is based on The Da Vinci Code author Dan Brown’s latest bestseller, and directed by Academy Award winning director Ron Howard. Other recent Hollywood movies include Life of Pi and The Amazing Spider-Man.
This former Miss World is one of the most recognizable Indian figures around the world today. Aishwarya Rai has acted in a decent number of Hollywood films, including Bride & Prejudice, The Mistress of Spices, The Pink Panther 2 and The Last Legion.
Anil Kapoor is a household name in the Indian subcontinent, but his involvement in Hollywood has made him a familiar face globally. From the popular TV show 24 to Danny Boyle’s Slumdog Millionaire, Kapoor is rarely shy to try his hand in cinematic ventures abroad.
With roles in Bend It Like Beckham and Silver Linings Playbook, this Bollywood legend has become a familiar face to even those movie-goers abroad who haven’t indulged in Indian cinema yet. The eminent actor with a glorious career is slated to have yet another Hollywood movie released next year – The Big Slick – which will also be his 500th film!
Freida Pinto’s feature film debut with Danny Boyle’s Slumdog Millionaire shot her to fame internationally. While she never pursued a career in Bollywood, her Hollywood list is long and versatile, including Woody Allen’s You Will Meet A Tall Dark Stranger, Rise of the Planet of Apes, and Immortals.
Considered to be one of the finest among the country’s actors, Naseeruddin Shah has also graced a handful of Hollywood films. His filmography abroad includes The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and The Great New Wonderful in addition to Indian-born American director Mira Nair’s Monsoon Wedding.
This powerful actor with an illustrious career has acted in films around the world including Pakistani and British films. The most known among his films abroad include the Academy Award-winning Gandhi by Richard Attenborough, Charlie Wilson’s War by Mike Nichols, City of Joy by Roland Joffé, Code 46 by Michael Winterbottom and popular British comedy East Is East by Damien O’Donnell. The most recent of his Hollywood endeavors is The Hundred-Foot Journey directed by Lasse Hallström.
Dubbed the ‘bad man of Bollywood’ for his portrayals of notorious cinema villains, Gulshan Grover’s filmography abroad includes many titles, such as The Second Jungle Book, Prisoners of the Sun, Blind Ambition, and My Bollywood Bride.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.