Goa is an Instagram-ready place, owing to its sun-kissed beaches, thrilling water sports, seafood shacks, centuries-old monuments, spectacular Portuguese architecture, marvellously built cathedrals and churches, lively flea markets, serene sunsets and sunrises, and vibrant seaside clubs. In fact, any spot in Goa, when captured on camera, can make quite a statement. Here are some of the most Instagrammable spots in the area.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Famous for its sizzling nightlife, vibrant flea markets, water activities and authentic Goan cuisine, Calangute Beach is undoubtedly the ‘Queen of Beaches’.
Foot tapping music, beach shacks, seafood delicacies, majestic sea waves and water sports – Baga Beach offers a complete beach experience.
Anjuna Flea Market
Situated near Anjuna Beach, Anjuna Flea Market is open only on Wednesdays and has an array of stalls offering jewellery, clothes, electronic devices, food items and more.
Basilica of Bom Jesus
One of the most famous and oldest churches in Goa is the Basilica of Bom Jesus, built in the 16th century. Its baroque architecture is one of the finest designs you will ever witness. This church, which holds the holy remains of St. Francis Xavier, is super photogenic from both the inside and outside.
Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception Church, Goa
Standing on a hilltop, Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception Church is a beautiful structure with zigzag steps that lead to the prayer hall and a large bell on its rooftop, making it a very Instagrammable locale!
Vagator Beach is known for its serene atmosphere and unspoilt beauty. It is mellow and relaxing, perfect for taking a leisurely stroll and enjoying the natural beauty around.
Strategically located at the confluence of the Arabian Sea and the Mandovi River, Fort Aguada includes a 19th-century lighthouse and jail.
Anjuna Beach allures tourists with its unparalleled natural beauty, unusual rock formations, trance music and full moon beach parties.
With a huge expanse of golden sand and splendid views of the impressive Fort Aguada, Aguada Beach holds the power to fully enchant you.
Arambol Beach is known for its serene and relaxed atmosphere and is a popular family-friendly destination.
Open every day, Mapusa Market is a bustling market where you can buy everything from fresh spices and locally grown fresh fruits to accessories and clothes.
Saturday Night Market
Nestled between Anjuna Beach and Baga Beach on Arpora Hill, the Saturday Night Market is a paradise for shoppers, foodies and entertainment enthusiasts. From food items and local spices to designer clothes, accessories and vintage items, you will find everything here. Live concerts and performances add to the lively experience.
Fondly referred to as the ‘Dil Chahta hai’ point, Chapora Fort is an old ruined fort that offers mesmerising views as far as the eyes can see.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.