Cartagena has always been a stylish city: its rich cultural heritage, Caribbean setting and colourful streets give the city a unique style all of its own, and this is reflected in the many fashion boutiques to be found here. From high-end collections selling fashionable clothing to designer jewellery boutiques, Cartagena has shops to suit the tastes of every fashionista traveller who visits. Did you know – Culture Trip now does bookable, small-group trips? Pick from authentic, immersive Epic Trips, compact and action-packed Mini Trips and sparkling, expansive Sailing Trips.
Cartagena’s hottest concept-fashion boutique is the place to go for all your luxury fashion and design needs. St Dom stocks art, jewellery, homeware, books, high-end womenswear and men’s clothing. With beautiful clothing by Colombian designers such as Amelia Toro and Claudia Trejos, and a whole floor dedicated to hip accessories such as shoes and bags, St Dom should be the first stop in Cartagena for anyone with a strong interest in fashion and design.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Barranquilla native Silvia Tcherassi – who is now based in Miami and has shown her fashion collections on the runways of Paris and Milan – is one of the brightest stars of the Colombian fashion scene. Her luxury fashion boutique in the Walled City of Cartagena has fast become one of the most important and highly regarded of its kind in the country. With a wide range of elegant and tasteful women’s clothing, including many flowing white numbers perfect for the often oppressive Cartagena heat, her eponymous store is theplace to shop for fashionistas in Cartagena.
Chiqui Echavarria – the owner of the Casa Chiqui – is a well-known Colombian socialite, famous for her lavish parties and constant presence in the pages of the national gossip magazines. Luckily for fashion fans, she also decided to open up her very own interior design store in the Old Town of Cartagena. Casa Chiqui stocks everything from stylish bags and sandals to Moroccan lamps and delicately embroidered pillows. If you don’t just want to style yourself, but also give your home an upmarket makeover, then this is the boutique store to visit in Cartagena.
Located in the old colonial mansion of Casa Estanco del Tabaco in the Old City of Cartagena, Le Collezioni is a revolutionary fashion retail space. Within the mansion are retail spaces for such fashionable brands as Salvatore Ferragamo, Ermenegildo Zegna, Michael Kors, Hackett London and Le Collezioni itself. All of the retail spaces are united around a stunning central plaza, making shopping at Le Collezioni not only a fabulous retail experience but a wonderful cultural one.
This is arguably thebestshop in Cartagena to purchase one of the country’s most fashionable exports: emeralds. With high-quality stones set in stunning and elegant designs, plus a handy policy of paying absolutely no commission to tour guides, keeping the prices lower for the customer, Lucy Jewelry has stones ranging in prices from hundreds of dollars to tens of thousands. With a truly stunning retail space and knowledgeable bilingual staff, emerald buyers can feel safe knowing that they are getting the best deal on the best stones at this excellent fashion boutique.
‘The Street’ isn’t the name of a high-end Cartagena fashion boutique; it refers to the streets of the Old City itself. There is nowhere better in Cartagena to pick up a fashionable Wayuu mochila bag that the street stalls and markets of Cartagena. These bright and colourful bags have become a must-have accessory throughout the world, and people can be seen sporting them in New York, London and Paris. The bags come in all sizes and colours and are even sometimes customised to the customer’s choice. And the good news is that there’s no need to spend a fortune in a high-end boutique when you can pick up a beautiful mochila during a stroll through the Cartagena streets.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.