It may well have been the city of Buenos Aires that coined the Spanish verb brunchear (to brunch). When it comes to brunch, Buenos Aires means business. Check out a list of the best brunch and breakfast spots in the capital of Argentina.
Could Villa Crespo have even more cafes than Palermo? It’s a possibility, and choosing where to eat in the now-buzzing barrio of Villa Crepo is tricky. Let us make the choice easier, and for a brilliant brunch, we recommend Malvón. Their excellent bagels (not a common occurrence in Buenos Aires) filled with salmon and cream cheese are perfect for any time of the day. The stars of the brunch show here are the fluffy pancakes and eggs Benedict.
Serrano 789, Villa Crespo, Buenos Aires, Argentina, +54 11 4774-2563
Get over the confusing menu at Olsen (there’s various sections to choose from, each offering different elements of brunch-y goodness), and there will be no limit with your culinary options at this Scandinavian-inspired restaurant. Whether you opt for topped rye bread, bratwurst sausage or homemade muesli, you won’t be disappointed. This was one of the first brunch spots in Buenos Aires and remains popular to this day.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Gorriti 5870, Palermo Hollywood, Buenos Aires, Argentina, +54 11 4776-7677
Boogie to your heart’s content on a Saturday night at Magdalena’s Party, popular with an Argentine and ex-pat crowd, then head on back over in the morning for its great brunch options served from 12pm. With sweet options like waffles and pancakes alongside bacon, bagels and eggs, there is something for everyone, with a fun, young, attractive crowd too.
Thames 1795, Buenos Aires, Argentina, +54 11 4833-9127
Away from the trendy cafes of Palermo, Las Violetas is located in the upmarket and slightly more regal neighborhood of Recoleta. This is a Buenos Aires institution – it hasn’t been open 129 years for nothing. Soak up the Porteño atmosphere while you sip your coffee and nibble on a medialuna – the Argentine version of a croissant, what pretty much most of the city will eat for breakfast. Or, indulge in their sharing platter, which has lots of mini-breakfast items, and a fair bit of cake too.
Av. Rivadavia 3899 (Esquina Medrano) Capital Federal – Buenos Aires, Argentina, +54 11 4958-7387
This place is part of a chain, but a really nice one. This branch in Las Cañitas is perfectly positioned on the corner of a beautiful street, the ideal place to sit back, grab a snack and watch the world go by. Tea Connection is a classy Buenos Aires chain that serves quality teas and great grub – their salads are some of the best in the city. For brunch you can go for perfectly cooked eggs and great granola and yogurt. Wash it all down with tea, available in more flavors than you ever knew existed.
Gorostiaga 1610,Las Cañitas, Buenos Aires, Argentina,+54 11 4776-5989
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.