Being that it’s the Country Music Capital of the World, Nashville is home to many country singers and other celebrities who enjoy the country life. But, unlike Los Angeles or New York, Nashville doesn’t have the accompanying paparazzi community that invades celebrities’ privacy. Thanks to their ability to fly under the radar, these celebrities are often spotted out and about in Nashville.
The American Idol alum and her hockey player hubby, Mike Fisher, reside in the prestigious Governor’s Club in the suburb of Brentwood. Along with their two-year-old tot, Isaiah, the Fishers can be found attending local churches, shopping at the supermarket, and ordering sweets from local bakeries like Ivey Cake in downtown Franklin. In fact, both Carrie’s and Isaiah’s birthday cakes were custom made by Ivey and her team.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman
Their roots might be planted in Australia, but this power couple calls Nashville home. Often seen around the Green Hills area, Keith and Nicole enjoy stopping by local hot spots like Frothy Monkey, Pancake Pantry (Keith’s favorite are the Caribbean pancakes), and The Mall at Green Hills. Their daughters also attend a private Catholic school in the Nashville area.
South of Nashville in the town of Franklin is where Brad Paisley and his wife, Kimberley, have settled. While Brad spends a lot of time on tour, locals have seen the country crooner and his wife toting their boys, Huckleberry and Jasper, around Nashville. Whether it’s to swimming lessons, school activities, or a night out at a local restaurant, Brad and his family do venture out on occasion, but the Paisley clan keeps a mostly low-profile existence.
While the singer/songwriter owns several properties across the U.S., she does own a penthouse in Midtown Nashville. The star has been spotted in several Nashville-area locales including Whole Foods Market, Pangaea in Hillsboro Village, and local music venues to watch other artists perform. She enjoys spending time in East Nashville, as well as Green Hills and The Gulch.
When she moved to Nashville in 2012, Sheryl Crow wanted a place where her two sons could roam and still have lots of privacy. Now she lives with her boys on 50 acres of land in Nashville. She does hit the Franklin area often, where you’ll most likely find her searching for vintage finds at antique stores at The Factory at Franklin.
Even though he’s a Memphis native, Justin still shows appreciation for his entire home state. Whether he’s got a tour stop in Nashville or is just passing through, the heartthrob has made his mark in Nashville getting noticed in the West End area close to downtown. There’s a chance you’ll catch him at a local eatery or living it up at a lively music venue.
Just five miles from downtown Nashville is where country singer Martina McBride resides with her husband, John McBride, and their three daughters. Since moving into her home 16 years ago, Martina has had plenty of time to run into fans while she’s shopping at the Target in Brentwood or dropping off her girls at school. She and John own a local recording studio, Blackbird Studio, where many high-profile artists have recorded music.
Though born in New Orleans, Reese spent much of her childhood in Nashville. She recently opened the flagship store for her Draper James lifestyle brand in the 12 South neighborhood of Nashville. When she’s in town for her store, she snaps photographs of herself strolling downtown and hitting other popular Nashville hot spots.
Along with her husband, daughter, and dog, the dancer/singer/songwriter spends a lot of time at home in her East Nashville abode. When she’s not on tour, she Instagrams shots of herself and her family around her eclectic neighborhood.
Tim McGraw and Faith Hill
One of country music‘s favorite couples has to be Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. The lovebirds, along with their three daughters, have property outside of Nashville. They’ve called the city of Franklin home before, and while they tend to stay out of the public eye most of the time, you never know when you might run into this inspiring duo.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.