As Chicago’s busiest airport – and one of the busiest in the entire United States – O’Hare is a gateway to the world. Stay right on its doorstep to make the most of things – these great hotels are bookable on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
The Rose Hotel Chicago O’Hare, Tapestry Collection by Hilton
A classy stay right next to the airport, this swish Hilton places you in the lap of luxury at one of the most convenient locations possible. A haven for fine art, the hotel offers a unique base just five minutes from O’Hare International and within 10 minutes of the Fashion Outlets of Chicago and the Donald E Stephens Convention Center – with a free shuttle covering a 3mi (4.8km) radius.
Loews Chicago O’Hare Hotel, Rosemont
Across the street from the gorgeous Catherine Chevalier Woods, this luxury airport hotel is 3mi (4.8km) from O’Hare Airport and 17mi (27.2km) from downtown Chicago. Offering the best of both worlds, you’ll find city views, a wealth of dining options and an ever-changing exhibition of local artists. The incredibly polished and modern rooms feature gourmet coffee-makers, plush bathrooms and flat-screen TVs, plus a 24-hour gym and minimart.
Hampton Inn & Suites Rosemont Chicago O’Hare
This reliable hotel is just a nine-minute drive from O’Hare. The classic, comfortable rooms include free wifi and flat-screen HDTVs, plus custom-designed beds, desks and coffee-makers. Complimentary services include an airport shuttle, parking, a daily hot breakfast and weekday breakfast bags to-go. There’s also a fitness center, a minimart, an indoor saltwater pool and a patio with a fire pit – chill out (and warm up) with a cold beer.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago O’Hare Airport – Rosemont
As at every DoubleTree, you’ll be greeted with a warm chocolate-chip cookie on arrival. In terms of amenities, there’s a gym, heated indoor pool, and free 24-hour shuttle to the airport, which takes five minutes – you’re also just half a mile (800m) from Rosemont entertainment district. The rooms are reliably clean, comfortable and modern, with sophisticated decor and custom-designed beds. Some feature floor-to-ceiling windows, and a selection even have in-room exercise equipment, with yoga areas, mats and accessories.
Hyatt Regency O’Hare Chicago
Joined by a bridge to the convention center, this large hotel outside Chicago gives you everything you need. Understated rooms offer free wifi, coffee-makers, flat-screen TV and recliners, while amenities include a 24/7 airport shuttle, a 24/7 gym, a minimart, a very trendy bar and a classic restaurant serving American cuisine. Yoga classes are on offer, while parking is available for a small fee.
Marriott Chicago O’Hare
This attractive hotel is a five-minute walk from Cumberland station – and just 3mi (4.8km) from O’Hare. Rooms are luxurious, and some overlook the epic indoor-outdoor swimming pool in the impressive courtyard. There’s a restaurant offering farm-to-table dining, a well-equipped gym, a plush lobby and a well-stocked bar, with an airport shuttle available, too.
The Westin Chicago Northwest
When in the Midwest, you might as well stay in a Westin. Always a reliable brand – especially for business travelers – amenities at this friendly hotel include a swish lobby, casual restaurant, a Starbucks, an indoor pool and gym, and 41 meeting rooms, including a ballroom and an amphitheater – in case you need one at short notice. A free airport shuttle is offered and if you fancy a run, there’s a beautiful lake just next door.
Holiday Inn Chicago-Elk Grove, an IHG Hotel
This well-appointed, welcoming hotel offers everything you need for an airport stay, with the ever-dependable service that the Holiday Inn brand guarantees. The bright, modern and comfortable rooms feature coffee-makers and flat-screen TVs with cable, plus high-pressure shower heads. Amenities include a restaurant, indoor pool, gym and free parking. There’s also an airport shuttle for a small fee.
If you’d rather stay in the heart of the city, check our guide on where to stay in Chicago, including an abundance of interesting historic hotels, available to book now with Culture Trip. Read about the best outdoor activities to keep you busy, or opt for one of the many food, art and cultural tours available, so you don’t miss a beat. Hungry after all that? The best American restaurants in Chicago are on your doorstep too.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.