Florence and its surroundings are home to the largest leather production in Italy. Here, you’ll find plenty of boutiques to buy unique leather goods, such as wallets, jackets, bags and belts. The Florentine tradition of working leather is antique and still today, you can buy beautiful products made by artisans.
One of the coolest stores in Florence, especially for young buyers, is Benheart. The high-quality of the leather goods, shoes, accessories and jackets is the reason why it became so popular and opened other stores in Rome, Verona, Milan and Tokyo.
Located in the old city centre of Florence, Cellerini is one of the most famous and elegant leather shops in town. Here, you’ll find excellent leather products made by local artisans in the adjacent laboratory. You can tell them exactly what you want and choose the color of your preference, and they’ll custom-create the leather good just for you in a few days.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Maybe the oldest and the most known leather store in Florence, Misuri is located in Piazza Santa Croce, which, historically, is the hub of the leather production in town. The craftsmanship is excellent, and you can find a lot of things to buy for you or your friends.
Just in front of the majestic Pitti Palace, Casini is famous not only for its wide selection of leather jackets for both women and men, but also for the beautiful bags designed by owner Jennifer Tattanelli and inspired by her great-grandmother. If you want to buy unique pieces of art created with Italian leather, this is the place to go.
Stefano Bemer is the paradise for shoe lovers. This classy boutique, located in the San Niccolò neighbourhood in the Oltrarno district, is simply amazing. The artisans produce unique shoes made entirely of Italian leather. Actor Daniel Day Lewis trained in the art of shoemaking here for ten months a few years ago.
The Piero Tucci shop is not easy to find because is located on the outskirts of Florence. But if you have extra time, rent a car to reach it and admire not only the amazing store, but also the workroom and meet the artisans who work there to produce the unique pieces of leather. They will explain to you, step by step, how to work the leather and show you how to assemble it to create handbags, jackets, bags and other accessories.
The beautiful Mercato del Porcellino, named as such because of the bronze wild boar statue situated here, which is a popular tourist attraction, is not a store but an outdoor market located just few steps from the Cathedral. Here, you’ll find plenty of leather goods, but remember that usually, markets are among the trickiest places to shop, so keep your eyes open and use your expert skills to distinguish the quality of the leathers.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.