Situated just outside the city centre, the lavish Four Seasons Firenze is housed in the Palazzo della Gherardesca in four hectares (10 acres) of lush Tuscan gardens. Inside, a sunny loggia boasts original reliefs and soaring stucco arches. Each of the 116 luxe guest rooms are individually decorated with tufted antique furniture and metallic brocades. For dining options, pair fresh cocktails with pizza by the pool, or enjoy dinner at the Michelin-starred Il Palagio restaurant. The full-service spa is the ideal way to fully unwind after a day exploring all the great things to see and do in Florence.
This classic hotel is in an impossible-to-beat central location, steps from Ponte Vecchio on the north bank of the Arno. Popular attractions such as the Uffizi Gallery and the Bargello Museum are just a short and scenic walk away through the winding Florentine streets. Inspired by the local haute couture fashion scene of the ’50s and ’60s, the interiors are decorated with retro-chic furnishings, designer textiles and of-the-era monochrome prints. The 37 suites feature floor-to-ceiling windows with river views, dark hardwood flooring, dove-grey walls and a kitchenette. When it comes to dining, Caffe dell’Oro offers traditional regional cuisine in a bright upscale setting. Highlights include the salmon carpaccio with dill and pumpkin ravioli.
Perched above the Piazzale di Porta Romana, Villa Cora is set inside a stately home built in the 1860s. With trompe l’œil ceilings, polished parquet flooring and vast chandeliers, this five-star hotel exudes luxury from top to bottom. Spread over three floors, the 44 decadent guest chambers range from first-floor classical Renaissance-style suites with four-poster beds and soaring windows to third-floor apartments with dramatic city views. In the elegant Le Bistrot restaurant, you’ll discover a menu of gourmet dishes using seasonal ingredients. These include pigeon risotto and line-caught sea bream with chicory. Learn how to recreate the magic of Florentine cuisine in cooking classes with executive chef Alessandro Liberatore, before taking a dip in the heated pool and relaxing at the luxurious spa.
Conveniently located a few minutes from the Santa Maria Novella train station, the St Regis is a charming luxury hotel with a modern edge. It’s set inside a completely renovated Renaissance palazzo on the north bank of the Arno, within easy walking distance of main shopping streets and major attractions including the Ponte Vecchio and Uffizi Gallery. Polished marble hallways and frescoed ceilings harken back to the Renaissance era, but the 99 opulent guest rooms are anything but old-fashioned; they all feature canopied beds, iPhone docks and Bose radios. The Michelin-starred Winter Garden restaurant is best-known for the extensive tasting menu and the ricotta-stuffed calamari, all served under an expansive stained-glass ceiling.
Luxury hotel chain the Savoy brings five-star service to the heart of the historic Florence city centre. Overlooking the Piazza della Repubblica, and with the designer boutiques of Via de’ Tornabuoni and the San Lorenzo Market both a short walk away, this is the perfect location for those of you seeking serious retail therapy. Inside, marble flooring and minimalist white surfaces are offset by custom plush furnishings. The 80 guest rooms are grand without losing any sense of comfort, with soft colour palettes, bleached oak herringbone floors and pretty papered walls. Irene, the chic 1950s-style bistro is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, serving Tuscan-inspired cuisine such as sage ravioli and prawn tartare in a bright indoor–outdoor setting.
The Hotel Lungarno maintains a nautical theme throughout, which is apt, considering the location it has on the south bank of the Arno, next to the Ponte Vecchio. Soaring floor-to-ceiling windows, marine blue accents and plush white armchairs give the lobby an elegant but welcoming feel. The 65 stylish guest rooms maintain the colour scheme but vary in size and shape; make sure to book one with a river view for the full experience. In the Borgo San Jacopo restaurant, you’ll find an extensive list of local wines alongside a classic northern Italian menu, including dishes such as spaghetti alla chitarra and squid gnocchi. Furthermore, you can enjoy the famous art scene without leaving the building; the hotel has more than 450 original works by artists such as Cocteau and Picasso on display. The front desk can even arrange a guided art tour as part of your stay.
In the historic heart of the city, the Porta Rossa combines 800 years of Florentine history with all the comfort and convenience of the 21st century. Modern deluxe furnishings are found within interiors boasting period frescoes, friezes, dark-wood panelling and stunning stained-glass windows. Elegant guest chambers are filled with intricate, antique detailing; you can even book a triplex suite in the accompanying 16th-century tower for unbelievable panoramic views over Florence. Start your day in style with an extensive buffet of sweet and savoury options, washed down with a glass of prosecco. The luxury continues with evening dining at the gourmet truffle restaurant Savini Tartufi; there, you can enjoy three- or five-course dinners with a choice of white or black truffles, truffle cocktails, and creative dishes such as fried artichoke and tomato gelée.
Just south of the Arno, Sina Villa Medici is a 19th-century palace transformed into an elegant five-star hotel. Grand communal areas effortlessly mingle antiques and marble floors with stylish modern furnishings. The 100 bright and spacious guest suites are tastefully designed; many of them have terraces or balconies with amazing city views, perfect for watching the sunset over Florence. Dine by candlelight at Il Gardino, a poolside restaurant dishing up regional cuisine such as grilled scottona beef steak paired with an extensive wine list. With a luxury pool and a fragrant garden, this villa is an oasis during the hot summer months.
This five-star hotel gives guests the chance to stay in a real Renaissance palace with unforgettable views overlooking the magnificent Tuscan landscape. A marble entrance hall, dark-wood panelling and stained-glass windows transport you back to the grandest of Florentine eras, while modern colour schemes and contemporary furnishings update the look. The 171 traditional guest rooms are bathed in a soft grey, taupe and white palette and three top-floor suites boast expansive terracotta tiled-terraces and glass chandeliers. The rooftop restaurant and bar, Sesto, serves a fusion of Italian and French cuisines such as stuffed cappelletti pasta in a beetroot pot-au-feu.
Looking for more Florence hotels? Discover our guide to where to stay in Florence, bookable on Culture Trip, or book yourself into one of the best luxury hotels or best boutique hotels in Florence. Or for those travelling on a budget, discover our guide to the city’s best cheap hotels. Add to the itinerary of your visit by seeing these great reasons why everyone should visit Florence. End your day with a delicious meal from one of this local tour guide’s favourite restaurants in Florence, then grab a drink from one of the best bars in town.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.