Lampedusa, between Tunisia and Sicily, patiently waits to welcome you to its mix of Sicilian, Italian and Mediterranean cultures. Here, you’ll encounter friendly locals at every turn, from the engaging family-run businesses to the colourful marine life swimming by to say hello. Create an undeniably amazing backdrop for your relaxing vacation in Italy with a stay at one of these top hotels in Lampedusa, bookable on Culture Trip.
Simplicity equals sophistication at La Calandra Resort. Relaxed yet refined in equal measure, this hotel in Lampedusa will spoil you with day trips aboard its boat while making you feel right at home in your private room. Make new friends on the large terrace overlooking the sea, or reserve a little quiet time for yourself as you peruse the spines in the library. Whichever you choose, an aperitif will be waiting for you to toast the sunset from the terrace.
A good book and a pair of sunglasses are all you’ll need for a restful stay at Balata Bianca. Wake up naturally with soundproof rooms that will leave you in a peaceful slumber until you’re ready for coffee on the solarium, letting out a final yawn as a fork full of fruit approaches your mouth. Feel your every muscle fibre unwind under a chromotherapy shower, then grab a novel from the Book Corner and head to the beach for all-day relaxation.
Switch your mind over to vacation mode and let Hotel Moschella take care of the rest. The mini-fridge in your room, adjacent to the private terrace, will convince you to imbibe under the cool blue skies. When your legs need to stretch, walk around the corner to the Scalette della Pace for a colourful photo op in front of these vibrant steps. With bars, beaches and the best restaurants only a few steps farther, you’ll see that this hotel in Lampedusa has placed you within proximity to the prime spots in the city.
Get to know Lampedusa beyond the beach at Hotel Vega. Sitting on Via Roma, you’re right in the centre of town the minute you leave your room. Grab a new pair of sandals or a sun hat at Consalvo Anna, then pop into Ristorante Nautic to savour the starters pulled straight from the sea. Though you’re never far from the beach, local haunts such as A Rummeria pub and Bar Paradise Gelateria will cool you off just as quickly as the sea.
Wash away any pre-holiday blues with a stay at Hotel O’scià. A soft beach towel is already waiting in your room. Follow the Lungomare Porto Nuovo around the port and down to Cala Guitgia, where the sand, sun and surf are waiting as well. Your hosts are well aware that every moment of beachside bliss counts, which is why they’re happy to accommodate a pre-flight shower so that you can enjoy an extra beach day even after you’ve checked out.
Dive into the Lampedusa lifestyle without a care in the world at Moresco Resort. Comfortable, wide-open spaces give you ample room to breathe at this wellness resort. The swimming pool and solarium are always swathed in sunlight, though the resort’s location in the centre of town will lure you off property grounds. Explore the best boutiques and restaurants in town or allow the concierge service to book diving, sailing or fishing expeditions for you – including babysitting services on request.
Proudly boasting that it is the southernmost farmhouse in all of Europe, Resort Costa House immerses you in the island’s natural beauty. A vineyard, olive groves and crops of vegetables surround your refined room, its decor remarkably assembled with wrought-iron furnishings and antique cabinetry. You’ll feel the island’s maritime culture in every corner, particularly when seated at chef Rosaria’s restaurant, where you’ll taste cheeses, fruits and fish sourced from right outside your room’s window.
Holiday with no regrets at Hotel Paladini di Francia. The superior suite is yours to claim, with the two-person whirlpool tub and balcony with sea views ready to make you forget about the nine-to-five back home. A short walk will send you into the lively city centre where aubergine rolls and fresh tuna at Il Balenottero will sate your appetite. The seaside walk along the Lungomare Luigi Rizzo will equally fill your mind with serene memories that’ll last a lifetime.
Limited to only a few guests to keep this corner of paradise as exclusive as possible, La Rosa dei Venti Club invites you to indulge and become the envy of your friends. A private boat will take you out to sea for fresh fish, exquisite Sicilian cassata cakes – a must-try traditional Italian dessert – and a selection of wines that’ll leave your legs wobbly long after you return to shore. Earn your sea legs another day and opt to spend hours on your room’s patio, feeling the breeze through your hair as you nod off.
Take a few steps from your room at this hotel in Lampedusa and you’ll be staring at the waves of the Mediterranean, a simple stone’s throw away from Africa. Let your hosts arrange a day at sea aboard a Turkish wooden gulet or spend your afternoon on dry land with the sunshine showering you in warmth. Spoil yourself by adding a meal package to your room reservation and kick back with pizza and beer on Guitgia Beach.
Looking for more? With an enormous choice of things to do in Lampedusa – including a visit to its most beautiful beaches – make sure you stop off at one of the best restaurants or bars for a greater taste of the island. And if you’re still looking for more inspiration, we’ve compiled the top reasons why you should visit this Italian isle.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.