If you’re looking for a bar where you can control the music without having to lug all of your vinyls and DJ equipment, then knowing where the jukeboxes are could make your night life easier. Here are the best places with a jukebox in sweet, musical Berlin.
Situated next to the canal and the weekly Turkish Market, the pub-style Ankerklause is perfect for a sunny brunch or for a crowded late-night beer, and it’s known to have the best Jukebox in town. Don’t forget the coins – box takes €0.50 for 2 songs, €1 for 5 and (if you’re confident enough) €2 for 12.
Jukebox type: CD
Ankerklause, Kottbusser Damm, Berlin, Germany, +49 30 693 5649
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Entwined somewhere within the Kreuzkölln Kottbusser Strasse maze, this local joint‘s cloudy atmosphere offers a two-for-€0.50 jukebox deal. Make it a Teutonic night with German hits, or indulge in an irresistible Elvis Presley song. Look out for the David Hasselhoff album – it might just be worth the change. Note that Gastätte is pretty smoker-heavy, so expect to smell like cigarette smoke.
Jukebox type: CD
Gaststätte Oase, Bürknerstrasse 6, Berlin, Germany, +49 30 693 4836
Compared to Oase, Das Gift has a whole other Neukölln corner bar aesthetic. Its Emerald Ice Jukebox carries a mix of old tunes as well as playlists by the latest DJs. Find songs by artists like LL Cool J or Cocteau Twins, and don’t miss out on free jukebox night every Thursday.
Jukebox type: CD
Das Gift, Donaustrasse 119, Berlin, Germany
This 24-hour dive bar caved and secured its modern jukebox in the back room. The beauty of this box (besides its upside-down Michael Jackson poster) is the wide selection of songs from grunge to pop. Dancing is definitely possible but not absolutely advisable – feel the crowd out first before showing off your recently mastered body rolling.
Jukebox type: MP3
Don’t be intimidated by the dodgy characters hanging outside this Kreuzberg restaurant/cocktail bar. Hannibal‘s own Wurlitzer box dates back to the DDR – it even still accepts Deutschmark! – and a 20-cent coin will play a song from artists like Diana Ross or Neil Diamond. Be sure to check out the breakfast and lunch menus at this spacious place.
Jukebox type: Vinyl
Hannibal, Wiener Str 69, Berlin, Germany, +49 30 611 5160
At Blond Bar, located in Schoeneberg and sometimes referred to as ‘Gay-Kiez’, an electronic jukebox offers every customer the right to choose songs to listen, sing or dance to. Blond Bar calls its jukebox the ‘flirt jukebox’, so don’t be surprised to wind up in a karaoke party or something even more wild.
Blond Bar, Eisenacher Str 3A, Berlin, Germany, +49 30 66 403 947
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.