Neukölln is fast becoming Berlin’s trendiest suburb, beloved by locals and tourists alike as their neighbourhood of choice in the capital. A hotspot for art, culture and trendy bars, the area and its surroundings are also home to some techno temples and smaller, local clubs. Here are the best nightclubs in and around Neukölln.
Griessmuehle is the multifaceted, industrial club in the heart of Neukölln. Located at Sonnenallee S-Bahnhof station, by the spree, this club is housed in an old grain mill. With two dance floors, one small basement area with thumping techno, and another larger area on the first floor, it’s a hedonistic temple. It has a huge outside area, complete with grain silos, various makeshift hideaways and benches that look out over the canal. Its program is diverse and ranges from disco, house, techno and even a bit of UK bass.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Sameheads is the offbeat bar and club on a quiet street, in bustling Neukölln. Set up by three British brothers Nathan, Leo and Harry, this joint is a hipster haven, trading minimal interior for a ramshackle of vintage-store finds, electric colours and always-ironic aesthetics. Its thumping basement puts on amazing dance nights, ranging from funky disco, to techno, house and so much more. With an underground, untouched vibe, Sameheads is a Neukölln gem packed with sweaty locals dancing the night away.
Klunkerkranich is the quirky, multifaceted rooftop bar in atop a shopping centre in Neukölln. Known for its prime location and stunning view, this bar also puts on plenty of DJ and dance nights, opening a new dance space and bar over the summer. In rain or shine, it’s the perfect place for a boogie with the locals, while overlooking Berlin.
Over 30 years old, SchwuZ is one of Berlin’s oldest queer nightclubs. Relocating from Kreuzberg to Neukölln a few years ago, they marked this event with a 25-hour party that saw 56 DJs play over three dancefloors. Since this electric opening, they’ve been gracing Berliners with their signature mix of indie, pop, electro and retro vibes. A LGBT-haven, they also host a range of talks and events geared towards this community. Open, diverse and welcoming, it’s the queer-friendly gem in the heart of Neukölln.
Kultstätte Keller is a haven of art, culture and hedonism, hiding in plain sight on busy Karl-Marx-Straße. Also known as Place of Worship Keller, it is one of Berlin’s last examples of counterculture in the city. Boasting a techno-heavy program, they are also known for their relaxed jam sessions, concerts and cultural events. Berlin’s club kids often come here for some grimy, underground fun. Only open on the weekend, this cellar club is compact in size but well-worth a visit when in Neukölln.
Watergate is one of the original greats in Berlin’s club scene. The famous club and label have had a profound effect on the city’s techno scene, and it was one of the driving forces behind the rise of minimal techno in the early 2000s. Located in Kreuzberg, this huge, multileveled club is just a stone’s throw from Neukölln. The music selection centres around house and techno, however, they also host mid-week events with Kultur Radio that range from classical music to jazz.
Chalet is based in the heart of Kreuzberg, just a short walk from Neukölln. The renovated, 150-year-old building, house a large indoor dance floor, and outside is a huge garden, adorned with a firepit and smaller dance floor. With an effortlessly cool vibe and commitment to music, it has an easy-going atmosphere and a program that focuses on techno and house.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.