There are many fabulous places in the City of Angels to satisfy your sugar cravings and sweet tooth. Check out these cool, wacky, and whimsical dessert shops around Bangkok for the ultimate after-dinner treat.
Did you know – Culture Trip now does
Did you know – Culture Trip now does bookable, small-group trips? Pick from authentic, immersive Epic Trips, compact and action-packed Mini Trips and sparkling, expansive Sailing Trips.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Pretty pinks, pastel shades, and an abundance of unicorns make this one whimsical and Insta-worthy Bangkok establishment. There are even unicorns hanging from the ceiling as though they’re in mid-flight. The Unicorn Cafe serves an assortment of attractive and brightly coloured fare, with snacks and desserts being popular options. There’s honey toast topped with ice cream and, naturally, an upturned ice cream cone that looks like a unicorn horn. There’s rainbow-coloured waffles with multi-coloured candy floss and ice cream — again with a cone horn. Even the hot chocolate, with lashings of whipped cream and colourful marshmallows, is finished with a small edible horn. It’s a place that makes you appreciate fairy tales and mythical creatures.
A wonderful fantasy land, Sretsis Parlour not only features gorgeous designs and decor but it also dishes up desserts that are delectable and beautiful. A place for edible eye candy, the cafe’s tagline is fitting: “Serving Fantasy on Your Plate”. Try a Surprise Cake to find a small figurine inside your dessert, relish the lychee jelly served in a wine glass, and try to stop yourself from ordering everything on the menu! Warning: the desserts are so beautiful you may not want to eat them!
Mori Dessert Bar
Mori Dessert Bar is a Japanese cafe with two outlets in Bangkok. One is located at Siam Square, while the other can be found along Royal City Avenue, one of Bangkok’s major nightlife areas. The regular desserts are cute and tempting, but it’s the “Crazy Milkshakes” that really stand out. Enjoy a drink and dessert at the same time, with a mason jar filled with a milkshake and a generous slice of cake on top. For the prettiest option, go for the Rainbow Crazy Milkshake. Colourful and sweet, in all senses of the word, the drink-cum-dessert is also dripping with sprinkles and sauce, rounded off with a swirly lollipop.
Although not strictly a dessert cafe, Caturday Cafe deserves its place on this list for a couple of reasons. Firstly, the desserts it offers are super cute and tasty. If you’re looking for colours, order the exciting rainbow crepe cake. Want to satisfy your chocolate cravings? The chocolate lava cake should hit the spot. Secondly, you get to enjoy your sweets while surrounded by fluffy felines! From the playful to the grumpy and from the bold to the shy, all cat characters can be found here.
If there was an award for combining art and ice cream, IceDEA would likely win! Ice cream is crafted into various realistic designs; sit down to a “meal” of steak and chips or pork cutlet … all made from ice cream and fruit! How about a slice of durian, a mangosteen, or a flower in a pot, all made from the cold dairy treat? As well as being visually appealing or interesting, the flavours are creative too. Try wasabi, steak, apple crumble, and tofu, among others. There are other imaginative desserts and drinks to tempt you too.
Located in swanky Thonglor, Mocking Tales is a funky dessert cafe by day and a trendy bar by night. The mouth-watering ice cream desserts are based on fantasy and fairy tales. With names like Sacred Ground, Poisoned Apple, Inferno Mountain, and Spirit of Future, it’s hard not to be intrigued. Everything is imaginative, from the names, the appearance, and the ingredients, to the artistic lattes and tasty cocktails.
Bigger really is better when it comes to desserts, and Once Cafe delivers towering sweets that are sure to make anyone’s eyes light up. Tuck into gigantic stacks of pancakes layered with ice cream, fruit, and other goodies, with sauce dripping down the sides, or sink your teeth into mountains of sweet shaved ice with an assortment of toppings and sauces. It’s a terrific place to take a break from shopping around the glitzy Siam Square.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.