Looking for a piece of Mumbai to take with you, either for your own memento or to gift someone? We’ve got you covered with this list of souvenir ideas from your Mumbai trip, regardless of your budget.
Available throughout Indian cities and villages, local spices are fantastic and handy souvenirs for any traveler. Whether you are planning to try your hand at Indian cooking, or just looking to put them on display in your kitchen, fresh and hand ground spices are always a good idea. Mumbai has many vibrant spice markets from where you can purchase pretty much any Indian spice you are looking for. Mirchi Galli in Kalbadevi has an overwhelming range of dried chilli powders as well as fresh chillies from around the country, in addition to other local spices. Lalbaug Spice Market near the Lower Parel railway station carries fresh spices sourced from around the country, which vendors will happily grind to your liking.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Mirchi Galli, Sheikh Memon St, Chippi Chawl, Kalbadevi
Lalbaug Spice Market, Dinshaw Petit Rd, Lal Baug, Parel
Jewelry from Colaba Causeway
Colaba Causeway’s busy street side stalls have something to offer everyone. From miniature models of historic monuments in the city to vintage movie posters, there’s a lot to browse through here. However, if jewelry and accessories suit your fancy then the Causeway’s many artificial jewelry vendors are who you should be paying a visit to. From traditional jhumkas in every color and style to the most up-to-date statement jewelry pieces – you will find them all here.
Gateway of India photographs and postcards
The Gateway of India is one of the city’s most recognized landmarks. You will find plenty of photographers in the area offering to photograph you before the historic structure for a small charge. Ditch the selfie and get an old-school photo taken for a truly special souvenir from your trip. You will also find vendors selling postcards and other mementos around the Gateway of India area.
Saris or clothing
As the country’s unofficial fashion capital, Mumbai has much to offer fashion lovers. Pick up a unique piece of clothing from one of the city’s many clothing boutiques or get yourself a traditional sari from one of its many historic sari stores and markets. If you would like something really unique, get an outfit made for you from scratch by one of the city’s many talented designers and tailors.
With numerous artists from around the country flocking to the city every year in search of better platforms to exhibit their work, Mumbai has much to offer if you’re looking to purchase artwork – regardless of your budget. Skip the high end galleries and head to the city’s markets for affordable handicraft items or to Kala Ghoda, the city’s art district, for affordable yet impressive miniature paintings by street artists.
Retro Bollywood posters
Bollywood is synonymous with Mumbai for most South Asians. There’s no better souvenir than a vintage Bollywood movie poster if you are a cinephile. There are many places in the city where you can get them, but Chor Bazaar will give you plenty of options and a unique Mumbai adventure that can supplement your memento with a back story.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.