The Lincoln Memorial, honoring one of the most popular US presidents, is a famous Washington DC landmark. Its prime location on the west end of the National Mall puts you within walking distance of the White House, Washington Monument and much more. Scratch off your sightseeing list easily when you stay at one of these top hotels near the Lincoln Memorial – bookable on Culture Trip.
Get acquainted with Washington DC’s stunning waterfront at the Mandarin Oriental. Its five-star luxury guest rooms are spacious and feature smart technology, but it’s the spa-inspired bathrooms and water views that’ll relax you the most. A deep-soaking bath, marina views and access to a revitalizing spa will tempt you to trade sightseeing for spending time near the water. As well as being close to the Lincoln Memorial, the hotel is also near the Thomas Jefferson Memorial.
If you plan to monument-hop your way through DC, let Hyatt House Washington introduce you to another side of the city, namely the Wharf. The river views from your studio suite will make you eager to unpack and explore the waterfront. The harbor is lined with shops and restaurants that’ll keep you busy between Hyatt’s free Morning Spread breakfast and handcrafted cocktails at the H Bar in the evening. Spend a long day on the water and enjoy a cruise on the ferry from the Wharf to Georgetown.
Only two blocks from George Washington University, Arc the Hotel will teach you a thing or two about comfort. Luxury linens and bath amenities, combined with a mobile concierge, allow you to slip into solitude. Each suite features a spa-inspired granite bathroom, courtyard views and a king-size bed with a pillow menu to send you straight to sleep. You can spoil yourself further with exclusive discounted services at two nearby spas.
Hotel Hive is DC’s first micro-hotel, and it delivers big on style and locale. This Foggy Bottom hotel has an awesome selection of loft rooms with rustic beams, high ceilings and exposed brick. All rooms have king, queen or bunk beds, perfect for a two-person budget-friendly stay. You’d think that the 10-minute walk to the Lincoln Memorial is no big deal; you’ll reconsider after a few pints and slices at the &pizza Shop downstairs.
A five-minute drive from the Lincoln Memorial, this Homewood Suites is close to the key monuments yet away from the downtown traffic. Daily hot breakfasts and evening socials will make you linger in the lobby long after you’ve left your king studio suite. There’s no pressure to take the bus downtown; calm hiking along the Palisades Trolley Trail will give you great views of the Potomac and Georgetown without needing to cross the river.
The State Plaza Hotel, seated between the White House and the Lincoln Memorial, is an all-suite abode in the tree-lined Foggy Bottom neighborhood. Fully equipped kitchens and a fitness center make it effortless to keep your home routine; a run around the National Mall and a healthy home-made breakfast will make you long to live like a local. The Garden Café downstairs is open daily for a quick breakfast if you find yourself hitting the snooze button from your king-size bed.
Your business trip will lean heavily into the pleasure side at the Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City. Imagine looking from your suite’s desk and staring out at the nation’s capital. Picture yourself taking a longer lunch to enjoy afternoon tea in the lobby or ending a meeting early for a cocktail in the on-site lounge before heading out for sightseeing. It’ll be easiest to take a cab to the Lincoln Memorial, but if you’re interested in visiting spots near Pentagon City, it’s a short walk to the Pentagon and Arlington National Cemetery.
While there is plenty to see and do in Washington DC, take an exciting weekend getaway, or bask in the sun at one of the nearby beaches if the weather is on your side. Make the most of the city views with the best hotels with a balcony, or opt for accommodation with a pool – bookable now with Culture Trip. Round your days off by trying the signature dishes of the American capital, including favorites new and old.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.