If there were ever a destination that requires a place where you can detoxify, it’s Sin City. Take a tranquil timeout from the flashing slot machines, thumping music and rowdy crowds of the Strip and spend a couple of hours getting a massage or pampering treatment at one of the best spas in Las Vegas.
Did you know you can now travel with Culture Trip? Browse our global selection of amazing itineraries that offer authentic local experiences and unforgettable travel memories.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
The Spa at ARIA
Elemental balance informs the facilities at the Spa at ARIA. Take a dip in the infinity therapy pool, try “rock bathing” on Ganbanyoku beds – slabs of heated black silica – then take a snooze while breathing in Himalayan salt-infused air in the halotherapy room. The Gemstone Journey, a salt-stone massage followed by a gemstone facial that includes a collagen and diamond-infused face mask, is the most luxurious option at ARIA, and perhaps in all of Vegas. While it’s a relaxing refuge inside, the ARIA hotel, where this spa is located, has its own casino and is right in the thick of the Vegas action – it counts Park MGM and the Bellagio as its neighbors.
Canyon Ranch Spa
The original Canyon Ranch opened in Tucson, Arizona, in 1979 and quickly became the go-to wellness resort for people who were serious about improving their health. Now, you can get a taste of the company’s intensive health programs at the Venetian in Vegas with a day pass to the Canyon Ranch Spa and fitness center. Ascend the 40ft (12m) indoor climbing wall, stretch out with yoga, and then try the Aquavana spa experience, which includes a Finnish sauna, hydro spa, crystal steam room, igloo, herbal laconium (dry sauna) and “experiential rains,” where you can choose from Caribbean Storm, Tropical Rain or Cool Fog.
Cosmopolitan Las Vegas Spa
To enter the Sahra Spa and Hammam at the Cosmopolitan, you’ll need to travel through a walkway reminiscent of a slot canyon – the spa was designed to evoke the desert, with peach-hued stone walls and metallic ceilings that call to mind starlit evenings. The highlight is the private Moroccan hammam room, a “ritual space” where you’ll lie down on a huge, warmed circular stone table before your masseuse arrives to kneel over you, cover you with water and then scrub you down. It’s a sensual practice of purification that concludes with a cooling bath – or an optional full-body massage. Other facilities include two whirlpools and steam rooms.
JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort and Spa
Spa Aquae at the JW Marriott is focused on the healing powers of water rituals, with a series of pools designed to take your body from hot to cold and back again – boosting circulation and reducing inflammation. Start in the outdoor hydrotherapy circuit, then move to the gender-segregated ritual rooms, which include steams, saunas, plunge pools, waterfall showers and a relaxing float pool.
Spa Mandalay at Mandalay Bay
Secure a $30 (£22) day pass to the Mandalay Spa and enjoy the redwood sauna, whirlpools, relaxation lounge, cold plunge pool and Eucalyptus Steam Room. Treatments are the tried-and-true spa favorites, like exfoliating sugar scrubs, hydration-enhancing facials and aromatherapy massages. There’s also a state-of-the-art fitness center if you feel inclined to work off some of that Vegas indulgence.
If you wish to further escape the hustle and bustle of Sin City then perhaps an adventurous to trip to Utah & Colorado will do the trick. Eight days of outdoor escapades in the Wild West, from red rock desert to the Rocky Mountains.
Voie Spa by Mandara at the Paris
Unsurprisingly, the Voie Spa by Mandara, located in a hotel sporting a replica Eiffel Tower at the entrance, is somewhat French in its approach. While the spa treatments are fairly standard – think beautifying facials and hot stone massages – they all incorporate small elements inspired by the French countryside. The Loire Red Wine Antioxidant Mask contains antioxidant resveratrol to reduce signs of aging; the 80-minute Fleur de Sel Massage is inspired by the pink salt beaches in Occitanie.
ESPA at Vdara
ESPA at Vdara prides itself on offering five-star service, which means a customized spa experience and wellness tips you can take with you and apply every day. Once you’ve sampled the European-style spa facilities, book one of its signature treatments. On the Rocks includes dry body brushing, a massage with volcanic stones and a scalp massage, while Desert Rose, a salt scrub and massage treatment, is followed by a head-to-toe slathering of skin-softening body butter.
The Spa at Encore
Being amid the opulent, gilded decor of the Spa at Encore feels like a form of pampering in and of itself, but it’s the unusual treatments that really set the venue apart. Consider the Bodhi Massage and Visualization, which blends energy work, massage, aromatherapy and chromotherapy to balance the chakras (energy centers of the body); or try the Good Luck Ritual, a head-to-toe treatment that’s influenced by the five elements of Chinese medicine and is said to promote happiness, luck and prosperity.
Imperial Spa Las Vegas
If you want a spa day without the extravagant expense, head to Imperial, a Korean spa with a general admission price of just $25 (£18). The Imperial promises to make you feel like royalty in its “Roman-style paradise,” a 32,000sqft (3,000sqm) space featuring circular frescoes on its ceilings. Explore therapeutic rooms including a Himalayan salt cave, a red-clay infrared sauna and a jade sauna. You’ll leave refreshed, detoxed and ready to hit the Strip for more shenanigans. The Imperial is located a 20-minute walk (or quick taxi ride) from Las Vegas Boulevard, near the Las Vegas Country Club.
Qua Spa Las Vegas
Although Roman baths are the theme of Qua Baths & Spa (this being Caesars Palace, after all), the place borrows and celebrates rituals and treatments from multiple cultures including Hawaiian, Thai, Native American and Indian. For a truly unique experience, head straight to the Arctic Ice Room – the only one of its kind in the world, according to Caesars – where you’ll recline on a heated bench in the chilly, 55F (13C) air as snowflakes – yes, snowflakes! – fall from the domed ceiling.
Planning an American getaway? Check out our US trips for an authentic, immersive small-group vacation.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.