Home to historic buildings and refined art, Chicago’s Grant Park blends vibrant culture, interesting nightlife and unforgettable shopping experiences on the Magnificent Mile. Here’s where to stay nearby, bookable on Culture Trip.
Grant Park is located in the Loop area of Chicago, the city’s central business district which features attractions such as Millennium Park, the Art Institute of Chicago and the Museum Campus. Near Grant Park, you can enjoy the views of Lake Michigan, a walk along Navy Pier or a baseball game at Wrigley Field. The city has a lot to offer, including some of the most elegant hotels in the state of Illinois.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Le Méridien Essex Chicago is a modern hotel with neat, cutting-edge design and elegant style, just meters from Chicago’s Grant Park and the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. You’ll love the Grant Park Bistro with its sophisticated French cuisine menu, as well as the luxurious state-of-the-art fitness center. The rooms are bright and spacious with warm wood accents, comfortable beds, a smart mini-fridge and a convenient coffee machine.
Another historic venue in downtown Chicago, Hotel Blake is a boutique luxury property in the center of the historic Printer’s Row. Guests praise the welcoming vibe of the staff, the convenience of its business center and fitness center, as well as the on-site dining area, Meli Café and Juice Bar. Rooms – some ADA accessible – combine warmth with freshness and feature a desk and work area, in-room coffee maker with complimentary Lavazza coffee, environmentally conscious bath amenities and bathrooms with a relaxing rainfall showerhead.
Close to Buckingham Fountain, the Arts Institute of Chicago and Wabash Arts Corridor, the Hilton Chicago is an excellent city experience to enjoy the best of Chicago. Nearby, it’s also possible to visit the Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium and Field Museum. The Hilton Chicago features a magnificent indoor swimming pool and sundeck – and a dynamic fitness center with immersive spin bikes. Choose among different rooms, suites or accessible rooms – all equipped with comfortable beds and a convenient sitting area to relax after a day exploring the city.
In this hotel, you’re able to enjoy not only the strategic location in the heart of Chicago’s business district but also every landmark, museum and art exhibition in town – all within walking distance from your suite. The venue offers both rooms and suites for short stays, as well as fully equipped, elegant apartments with every necessary comfort for an extended stay in Chicago. Modern and elegant, the Club Living Room is an excellent working space with super-fast and free wifi, complimentary refreshments and both Mac and PC workstations.
Old-time charm, 20th-century-inspired craftsmanship and attention to detail are just some of the highlights at the Chicago Athletic Association Hotel. A vintage atmosphere invites you to step into the glamorous old times that Chicago has long been known for. Choose from traditional guest rooms, elegant suites, or the generous spaces of the so-called Holy Cow Suites – with cozy fireplaces, convenient seating areas and oversized bathrooms. All of them have marble bathrooms and a gourmet mini-bar. Foodie at heart? Enjoy seven of the best dining places in town, including rooftop restaurant Cindy’s or the Milk Room, once used by members during the Prohibition.
Julian Chicago is a stylish hotel just minutes from Millennium Park, Navy Pier, the Riverwalk, Monroe Harbor and Grant Park. The rooms here are comfortably sized, with imposing lofty ceilings and decorated with a sleek, modern design – and feature thoughtfully appointed amenities, fast wifi and a Nespresso machine. This hotel wisely blends classic Chicago architecture with bright public spaces and contemporary details of design. This exclusive property also features affordable stay packages and promotions, making it perfect if you’re someone who wouldn’t mind saving a dollar or two.
For more excellently located Chicago stays, see the best hotels near Millennium Park and the best hotels near Navy Pier, all bookable through Culture Trip. Fill up your trip with the best things to do in the Second City and make sure you grab a bite at the best brunch spots in Wicker Park.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.