Maximize your time in the green and spacious neighborhood around Lincoln Park, which combines access to Chicago’s top sights with great local restaurants, bars and shops. Here are some of the best hotels in this area of the Windy City, bookable on Culture Trip.
Even if you’re just visiting the area around Chicago’s Lincoln Park, you’ll still get a taste of what makes it such an appealing neighborhood to live, work and play in. It’s great for nature and feeling like you’ve stepped out of the big city – especially thanks to the swathes of green space and winding paths of Lincoln Park itself. But it’s also within easy reach of downtown for when you want to experience city life at its most vibrant. Hotels in this area are a great choice for those wanting to be near the big attractions like Navy Pier and the Magnificent Mile, but with a peaceful atmosphere when they retire for the night.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
In a leafy, residential neighborhood, this arty boutique hotel is moments away from the mighty Lincoln Park and is packed with cool and quirky features, like exhibitions from local artists. The rooms are as funky as the retro vintage lobby and interior, and you’ll never be far from great views of Lake Michigan and the city skyline – like at the hotel’s J Parker rooftop bar. Kick back with one of their inventive signature cocktails – try a Collie-Shangles (gin, hibiscus tea, peach liqueur, lemon and soda water). See the sights on a complimentary hire bike, or use the free ticket to the 360 Chicago observation deck that each guest receives.
The Willows has both the look and feel of an eccentric, 19th-century British manor house. There are some snazzy suites on offer if you want to splash out, but you can feel just as special by draping yourself across the playful lobby furnishings – which feels even more indulgent if you’re near the roaring fire. Lake Michigan and all the associated lakeside fun are just two blocks away, and there’s tons of other sights nearby – including Wrigley Field baseball stadium, home to the Chicago Cubs.
This chic place is full of plush features that set it apart, particularly the in-house spa – a relative rarity in urban Chicago hotels. Pamper yourself with a massage or rejuvenating facial to prep for a visit to the super-slick, art deco-styled bar, Juniper. It specializes in – you guessed it – gin-based cocktails, and the staff make a mean martini. There’s a well-stocked gym for the morning after, and the pet-friendly policy means your pooch can enjoy the whole ride just as much as you.
With its exposed brickwork and plush armchairs, the Thompson is very much the cool kid in town. But even though it has the feel of a hip, industrial bar or restaurant, there’s still an undeniably cozy atmosphere. Rooms are similarly design-focused, and many offer enviable views – some with floor-to-ceiling windows – over the Gold Coast neighborhood and wider Chicago. Make time to melt into those armchairs at the Salone Nico bar and cocktail lounge, which showcases wines from Italy and Greece, along with Grower Champagnes – boosting those artisan credentials even further.
Funky, colorful and bulging with contemporary local art, Versey Days Inn proclaims its roots as a hotel favored by the rock’n’roll elite over the decades – Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Smashing Pumpkins and Red Hot Chili Peppers all reportedly stayed at its former incarnation. Rooms are adorned with bold visual reminders of Chicago’s cultural heritage – you can easily see those landmarks for yourself due to the hotel’s sweet-spot location close to the Chicago essentials. But remember to also explore the immediate Lincoln Park neighborhood surrounding the hotel, where you’ll find enough edgy restaurants and bars to satisfy even the fussiest old rockers.
This boutique spot blends a dash of old-time elegance with lively, modern decor. But the big selling point is its location – directly opposite Wrigley Field, the Chicago Cubs baseball team’s home ground. This setting gives the hotel a buzzy, neighborhood feel, which you can explore even more in the multiple bars and restaurants slotted neatly onto the side of the hotel. Take your pick, from cocktails at the main hotel bar to pretzels and blueberry pale ale – and other craft brews – at Lucky Dorr, and tacos, tequila and bourbon at Big Star.
Alternatively, stay in one of the best historic hotels in the Windy City or opt for accommodation for the savvy traveller – best of all, they’re bookable now with Culture Trip. If you’re traveling with your furry friend, check into one of the top pet-friendly hotels. There is plenty in Chicago to keep you busy – find out about the hidden gems that bring the city to life and explore the best outdoor activities on offer, all before settling down for some classic American cuisine in the evening.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.