There’s more to Florida than theme parks. Clearwater, just west of Tampa, is a magnet for sun-seekers, party animals and families looking to relax on the beach after busy days in Orlando. Also, you don’t have to leave your beloved pet at home with our pick of the best pet-friendly hotels in Clearwater – bookable with Culture Trip.
Though dogs aren’t allowed on Clearwater’s main beaches, they can still enjoy the area’s white sand and warm sea with their own dedicated doggy beaches. The lively city also has country parks and miles of nearby hiking trails to explore. After spending the day outside, retreat to one of these Clearwater pet-friendly hotels, where you and your pet can relax.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
At this hotel on Coronado Drive, two pets, with a maximum combined weight of 50lb (23kg), can stay in each room for an additional fee. Each huge suite comes with a full kitchen, including a pantry area. Get your shopping in via the hotel’s grocery shopping service, or pop down to the lobby convenience store.
Dogs aren’t an afterthought at this huge resort, where all 230 rooms have jaw-dropping views of the Gulf of Mexico. Canine companions under 30lb (14kg) can stay for a nightly fee at this dog-friendly hotel in Clearwater, and all receive a goodie box filled with everything from dental stick treats to waste bags. A dog mat, water and food bowls, and even a “Pet in Room” sign are provided in your suite so that you can concentrate on the on-site spa, beach cabanas, live music, watersport rentals and four restaurants.
You’ll feel like you’re on vacation the moment you step into this Coronado Drive hotel. Zingy beach decor and tropical colors conjure a laid-back mood, while the views of Clearwater Bay from the floor-to-ceiling windows will have you heading to the beach as soon as you drop your bags. Elsewhere, there’s a lobby bar and an on-site Starbucks. At this pet-friendly hotel in Clearwater, pets under 50lb (23kg) can stay for an additional one-time fee.
If you’re not in town for the beach, this hotel on Highway 19 puts you within easy reach of the airport, malls, museums and local offices. All rooms have a mini-fridge, a microwave, a coffee maker, a desk and an ironing board, while animals are permitted to stay in pet-friendly rooms for a nightly fee. The hotel also offers complimentary breakfast and parking, laundry facilities, an outdoor pool and complimentary passes to a local fitness center.
There’s no need to blow the budget if you’re traveling with a four-legged friend at this downtown all-suite hotel. Two pets are permitted in rooms for an extra fee per stay. You’ll save even more cash by whipping up meals in your fully equipped kitchen, while the daily breakfast buffet is complimentary. There’s even a social hour three times a week when you can indulge in free wine, beer and snacks.
Handy for shopping, the airports and big businesses in the area, this modern hotel, off I-275 and US-19, is in a great location in Clearwater South. Pets can stay for a nightly fee. Don’t worry about finding pet-friendly restaurants, though – rooms come with a mini-fridge and a microwave for making simple meals. Breakfast is complimentary.
It’s easy to reach all of the city attractions from this centrally located hotel, where pets are allowed for a nightly fee. Enjoy the complimentary breakfast before visiting the beach or the thrilling Busch Gardens theme park, 25mi (40km) away. This dog-friendly hotel in Clearwater is also within walking distance of the Philadelphia Phillies’ spring training camp; you can also watch the street performers each evening on Pier 60.
Children will love visiting the Clearwater Marine Aquarium and its most famous resident, Winter the dolphin, when they stay at this comfortable hotel, just 4mi (6km) from the renowned attraction. There’s no chance of boredom with easy access to Clearwater Beach and the TD Ballpark too. The kids will also be thrilled to bring their beloved pet on vacation, as two animals are permitted per room at this Clearwater pet-friendly hotel, with a one-time fee per pet.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.