Clearwater, Florida, has an array of chic boutiques, family-friendly resorts and madcap one-offs in which to stay. Whether you plan to relax on the white sands, dig deep into the culture, or explore the sunset celebrations at Pier 60, here are the best hotels in Clearwater, all bookable with Culture Trip.
Families won’t want more at this hotel where kids stay and eat free. Choose a balcony-clad contemporary room or a suite featuring a whirlpool or spa bathtub, kitchen and living space for relaxing together. Splash in the ocean-view, heated outdoor pool; explore Clearwater Beach – within walking distance – and Pier 60; and relish workouts in the fitness center. You’ll find something to satisfy all tastes at the many eateries, from the crepe cafe to Jimmy’s Fish House restaurant.
Bring the family to this AAA 4 Diamond hotel. Each room has a waterfront or marina view, floor-to-ceiling windows and Keurig coffee maker. Most have balconies or terraces while kids will love the turtle decor in family-friendly rooms. You’ll all enjoy a splash in the pool where the grown-ups can sip waterside-bar cocktails; the Asian-fusion restaurant serves fresh seafood and farm-fresh dishes. Indulge in some me-time at the spa; try signature body treatments such as the Deep Blue Sea scrub-wrap-massage combo.
Edge Hotel boasts a signature glass panel pool, a restaurant serving loaded burgers and key lime pie, and a rooftop sunset-view bar. Your days begin with complimentary breakfast overlooking the Gulf. Head out to enjoy dune buggies, tandem bicycles and jet skis with hotel rental services. Come evening, catch a game on the rooftop’s 300 sq ft (28 sq m) projection screen and finish with a complimentary shot by the flickering firebar. Every room and suite has a balcony: pick from Gulf, pool or city views.
This hotel beside Sand Key Park’s beaches and trails has its own 13-acre (5 ha) private beach and overlooking outdoor pools including a whirlpool and children’s pool. Relax in the sun and order light bites and cold drinks from the poolside bar. Rest on your balcony or patio before hitting the bistro for fresh seafood, followed by craft beers and a round of pool at the tavern. Work off sore heads at the fitness center and tennis courts.
If you like to party, check into this beach entertainment resort. Catch live bands, day and night, at the Tiki Beach Bar and Grill; sip tequila at the Salt Bar & Tap Room; and dance nights away at the two-level, DJ-spinning Wave Night Club, where you’ll watch laser shows as you party on the gulf-front. Choose a room with a bar-stage-view to watch gigs from your balcony; or the Sunset Suite for romance, with its luxury LED rain shower.
Watch the sunset over the Gulf from this Clearwater luxury hotel, whether you’re on the eighth-floor heated pool and deck – with secure kids’ pool – or the rooftop cantina serving Latin-influenced dishes and cocktails. Fish lovers will enjoy the American seafood restaurant. Love to cook? Choose a kitchenette-included room or suite to private dine from your balcony – some face the waves. Feel good at the fitness center and spa, which offers ocean-inspired treatments.
Opal Sands Resort is located beside Clearwater Beach. Guests can enjoy impressive balconies that boast dramatic ocean views. The resort’s interior features contemporary designs with aquatic flourishes, in sync with the location. The beach-front zero-entry outdoor pool and hot tub are also great for gazing out across the Gulf. The resort’s Italian restaurant, Sea-Guini, offers waterfront dining and fresh seafood dishes.
For more options, discover our guide on the best hotels in Crystal River, Florida, and book now on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
This is an updated version of an article originally by James Callery.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.