Caladesi Island State Park in Florida has the honor of being neighbors with one of the top-rated beaches in the USA: Clearwater Beach. If you can pull yourself away from the sugar-white sand and venture just a few paces north, you’ll discover a gorgeous Gulfside area that’s perfect for an afternoon picnic, a quiet day of fishing or a refreshing swim. Explore both of these beautiful areas, with a stay at one of these top hotels – bookable with Culture Trip.
No shirt, no shoes, no problems at Barefoot Bay Resort & Marina. You won’t need more than a towel and a pair of shades as you fish for mackerel off of the marina and cook it up on the poolside barbecue. Bobbing on the Mandalay Channel, you’re never more than a three-minute walk to the beach. Want to get there slower but in style? Rent a jet ski from the marina, and ride around the key.
You’re welcome to do what you please after sunrise at Pier House 60. The white-sand beaches in Clearwater are around the corner, but the pool on the Intracoastal will give you water views just as relaxing. Can’t decide which you prefer? Get both views from a king suite, and recoup from a long day of tanning on your luxury linens. Just make sure you’re awake in time for sunset on Jimmy’s Crow’s Nest – there is a complimentary sunset shot waiting for you on the 10th-floor rooftop bar.
You’d better pack more than just an appetite for luxury when you head to Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach. The Ocean Hai restaurant features the only Asian-fusion menu in town, an appetizing arrangement of sushi and sashimi platters that wonderfully complement the regional seafood dishes at their sister restaurant Dock’s. Hungry for more? Hang out poolside, and allow the staff to send over light fishy bites and salty drinks. Thank goodness, your suite has a mini-fridge for all of the leftovers you’ll haul back.
If a beach view is all you desire in a Florida vacation, we know the perfect place. The Beachview Inn does indeed have water views from its suites and poolside fire pits. The downside is that your view from the suite may include a kitchenette, dining area and dedicated living area with a comfortable couch and TV with a full sports package that will do its best to distract you from the waves outside.
Opal Sands Resort is the easel on which you’ll paint your perfect vacation. From colorful drinks at the Sandbar tiki bar to the glow your skin will earn from hours of sun and spa worshipping, your stay at Opal is a work of art in every aspect. Local artists have also adorned the suites and common spaces of the resort with paintings and sculptures, creating a small art walk that’ll tour you around the property. Perhaps, you’ll be inspired to paint your own sunset from your suite’s Gulf-view balcony.
Who said anything about relaxing on the beach? Shephard’s Beach Resort rocks the boat by packing its event calendar with tons of live music. Grab a little shuteye in the afternoon – you’re going to need all of the energy you can muster for a night spent jamming at the Tiki Beach Bar and dancing at the Wave nightclub. You won’t be able to try all 100 varieties of tequila at Salt’s bar, but you can surely cross a handful off of the list.
Coconut Cove believes that your dog deserves to dig a hole in the sand at one of the best beaches in the country. Pooches will receive their own tail-wagging welcome kit of bowls, balls and treats upon check-in. The canine concierge will gladly show them where the formal bathroom is, as well as where you two can sniff out the best dog-friendly restaurants and dog parks on the island.
Need a staycation that won’t break the bank? Fairfield Inn and Suites gets you within eight miles of Clearwater Beach yet keeps you tucked quietly on the Intracoastal, where you can relax uninterrupted for hours. Breakfast is free, while lunch, dinner and sunset drinks can be found within a five-minute flip-flop walk. Kayak tours, surf lessons and more outdoor fun are also nearby – but, let’s be honest, you’ll want to spend most of your time soaking away in the hot tub.
First time in Clearwater Beach? Hilton is exactly where you want to stay. Right on the white sand and next to the popular Pier 60 gathering spot for unrivaled sunsets, the Hilton will wow you with a convenient location that you’ll love almost as much as the private cabanas and sunburned skin therapies at the spa. Don’t just see the Gulf from above; let the concierge arrange a snorkeling or deep-sea fishing adventure for you so you can fully explore the emerald waters.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.