Chula Vista is known for being the second largest city in the San Diego area. It was founded in the early 19th century and has grown into a city with a lot to offer to its visitors. Chula Vista has many beautiful restaurants: here’s our guide to some of the best.
Aqui Es Texcoco
Texcoco is a restaurant known for its Traditional Mexican Lamb Barbecue, a fan favorite. Texcoco serves a variety of Barbecue style meals. Barbecue (Barbacoa) style involves slow roasting meat for more than seven hours in an underground fire pit covered with leaves of the maguey plant. Texcoco replicates this process with a specialized oven, making their Barbacoa the closest to traditional Mexican lamb barbecue you’ll find in the US.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Italianissimo Trattoria has been in business for over 30 years, from the time when Aniello Zaino served meals on Italian cruise ships. He left the cruise ships and ended up in San Diego, California, and after several years of running a successful restaurant in Bonita, California, he formed a partnership with Emanuele Ianni from Italy. Together they brought Italianissimo Trattoria to life. They recruited a talented Italian chef and dedicated staff to open the brand-new restaurant in Chula Vista. Quality, service, and presentation are key at this restaurant.
Steak House on Broadway
The Steak House on Broadway, formerly known as The Butcher Shop, has stood as one of San Diego’s finest prime rib restaurants for about 45 years. They feature premier beef from exclusive Nebraska ranches, steaks, ribs, chops, seafood and pasta. Since 1968, this restaurant has attracted ‘meat and martinis’ celebrities including Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Jr., who would pair a steak with a cocktail. Visit this steakhouse and do the same as the stars while enjoying the cool decor in red tones and their booth seats.
Galley at the Marina
Galley at the Marina Restaurant is a bar and grill voted as the ‘Best Live Entertainment in South Bay.’ It offers casual waterfront dining, making it the ideal place to enjoy a meal in a beautiful location. Whether you’re visiting for a relaxed meal, business meeting, happy hour, sunset dinner, dancing or a weekend breakfast, this restaurant does it all. They have been serving quality breakfast, lunch and dinner since 1994. Their menu consists of steak, poultry, seafood, pasta and various other meals at affordable prices.
Mandarin Canton Chinese Restaurant
This Chinese restaurant specializes in seafood, hot pots, and noodle dishes. It provides an intimate and welcoming atmosphere for its guests, making it the perfect place to grab a meal with friends and family. Mandarin Canton Chinese Restaurant also serves a variety of chicken, beef, pork, vegetables, and rice dishes. They serve hot & spicy meals, from Orange Flavored Chicken to Salted Pepper Chicken Wings.
D’Lish California Cuisine
D’Lish serves unique Italian food. Their breads, pastas, dressings, desserts and sauces are made fresh in-house. They offer an extensive menu full of fresh garden salads, pizza, chicken, fish, pastas, burgers, wraps, and sandwiches, as well as red and white wines, and beer. D’Lish offer take-away and catering options. Whether you have time to dine in and experience the warm environment or not, you can always enjoy the great food that this restaurant has to offer.
La Bella Pizza Garden
La Bella Pizza has been in business since an Italian couple from New York, Tony and Kitty Raso, opened the restaurant in 1955. The restaurant has been successful since it opened and is filled with stories of couples holding their wedding reception. Grab a meal here and become a part of their wonderful history while indulging in a hearty Italian meal.
Romesco Mexiterranean Bistro
Romesco Mexiterranean Bistro serves a blend of Mediterranean and Mexican cuisine, as well as extensive menus for tapas, lunch, dinner, and Sunday meals. There’s also an unbeatable Happy Hour and dessert menu, and a varied wine list. Visit Romesco any day of the week and you won’t be disappointed.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.