The tattoo culture in Venice is just as much a part of the city’s history as the buildings and streets. Every year, people from around the world descend upon the City of Angels hoping to bring a piece of their unforgettable experience home. With a style which is distinctly Southern California, the many tattoo parlors and ink shops offer an ability to express individuality or remember a moment forever. Venice Beach is the perfect destination for a new travel piece or first-time experience. Avoid the tourist traps and discover the most reliable and trustworthy destinations for a tattoo found in Venice, CA.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Ocean Front Tattoo
After opening its doors on the boardwalk in 1993, this busy tattoo shop with an ocean view quickly built its reputation for quality tattoo work and a friendly staff of talented artists. Doubling as an art gallery, the atmosphere is creative and edgy yet welcoming to first-timers and people from out of town. If looking for a tattoo on the Venice boardwalk, this legitimate establishment will provide a professional service and fun experience with a relaxing view.
House of Ink
Featured on MTV, VH1 and in publications such as the LA Times, the well-known House of Ink has a long list of patrons including first-timers, tattoo collectors, and celebrities. Whether a visitor from out-of-town or a loyal supporter living in the neighborhood, the friendly and accommodating artists provide the skills necessary to meet any needs. Accepting both walk-ins and appointments, this shop is an ideal destination for a spontaneous day of ink near the beach.
DevOcean Tattoos and Gallery
Located just off the boardwalk in Venice Beach, this high-end custom tattoo shop and art gallery is by appointment only. Catering to clients seeking more attention to detail, this clean and professional studio has a positive and relaxed atmosphere. The only shop in Venice which is 100 percant disposable, DevOcean Tattoo sets a standard for safety beyond what other shops can offer. This exclusive boutique and haven is the destination for quality ink, offering free touch-ups and moderate session rates.
Ink Monkey Tattoo and Piercing
Ink Monkey Tattoo and Piercing has a spacious and clean studio away from the beach on the corner of Venice Boulevard and Lincoln Boulevard. Just a short Uber away from the boardwalk, this tattoo destination offers both ink and piercing services. Ink Monkey has an outstanding record of excellence, voted best in the Westside over five years. Their website features artist portfolios, which makes finding the right person for the job simple and painless. This trusted and safe environment has established a reputation for large back pieces to small ankle accents.
Black Diamond Tattoo
Black Diamond Tattoo was first established in 2008 and has since proven their capabilities as artists and professionals. With an ability to adapt styles and cross genres, and with frequent guest artists from around the world, there is no limit to what this powerhouse can provide. Focusing heavily on custom design, each tattoo is as unique as the individual receiving it. The only tattoo shop on the Westside to offer tattoo removal services, this particular shop can also take care of any mistakes or regrets from the past, just not the memories.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.