Great new music seems to be getting harder and harder to find these days. Even with our unlimited access to music online, it’s difficult to know where to look, and let’s face it — many mainstream artists today are more concerned with making a quick buck than making quality music. Never fear – we check out 10 songs that you’ll be sure to love, for hip-hop lovers to country music buffs and everyone in between.
Feeling Myself | Nicki Minaj ft. Beyonce
We’ve all had that moment when we’ve gotten all dressed up and caught a glimpse of ourselves in the mirror and can’t help but think, ‘I look good!’ This song is the epitome of that feeling: Looking like a million bucks, talking about all the things you have and not caring what anyone has to say about it. With a quirky hip-hop beat and humorous ego-inflating lyrics to match, Feeling Myself is the perfect song to listen to before a night out.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Straight for the Knife | Sia
If you’ve listened to Top 40 radio stations in the past couple of years then you’ve heard the intensely unique voice of Sia. Her lazy, almost drunk-sounding slurred vocals are filled with powerful emotion, making it hard not to pay attention and fall in love with the stories she tells. Straight for the Knife is from her latest album ,1000 Forms of Fear, and tells the story of a love affair in which her partner attempts to kill her. The melodies are simply beautiful and her passionate lyrics make it a song you’re bound to listen to more than once.
You Know Where To Find Me | Imogen Heap
Imogen Heap provides a soothing and slightly eerie piano line for this beautiful song. Her vocal melodies are much like a lullaby, making this the perfect song to relax into and get lost in.
Say Goodbye | Beck
It’s no wonder Beck won Album of The Year at the Grammy’s for his record Morning Phase. Say Goodbye is an easy favorite off of the album. With its melancholy guitar line and sombre vocals, Beck speaks about different scenarios in which he has to say goodbye. This is the perfect road trip song: a calm and easy listen.
Not On Drugs | Tove Lo
Last year’s break-out artist, Tove Lo, makes fun, electronic music fused with pop and rock. Her edgy-yet-relatable song concepts keep listeners entertained the whole way through. Not On Drugs has a killer chorus that’s sure to get you singing along.
Energy | Drake
If you’re a hip-hop fan, then Drake is probably already in your playlist. Energy, off of his latest album If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late, is another cool track to add. It features a gloomy sample with a hip-hop break beat that’ll surely make you bop your head. In signature form, Drake performs admirably with his witty punch lines and velvety vocals.
Take Your Time | Sam Hunt
Take Your Time is available on Hunt’s debut album, Montevallo. His sweet, subtle voice has the power to woo even non-country music lovers. The song features several spoken-word verses, that give it a unique, genre-bending sound. Country music is known for painting great stories, and Take Your Time doesn’t fall short – it’s a great song with a rich, relatable story.
Sick Like Me | In This Moment
Everyone enjoys a little death metal every now and then. Sick Like Me errs on the tamer side of the genre, so don’t expect any ear wrenching screaming. It features powerful, toxic vocal melodies, crazy guitar stabs and dark lyrics. This song is sure to get you through an intense work out session.
Where Are Ü Now | Skrillex & Diplo ft. Justin Bieber
World-renowned DJs Skrillex and Diplo teamed up to create this unique EDM-styled ballad. Pop icon Justin Bieber lends sultry vocals. It doesn’t have that highly anticipated drop that EDM tracks are notorious for, but when the beat finally does break down, you will be satisfied with its odd-yet-appealing drum beat. In short, this is ideal to unwind to.
You Know You Like It | DJ Snake & AlunaGeorge
You Know You Like opens with its hypnotic beat and eccentric vocals (provided by AlunaGeorge). It’s a fun listen, and when the beat drops about a minute in, beware – it is hard to resist dancing a little.
By Michaela Shiloh
Michaela ‘Mickey’ Shiloh is a singer/songwriter from the Bay Area. She has written songs for artists such as Janet Jackson, Britney Spears, Iggy Azalea, Cassie, LL Cool J and many others. Shiloh studied Music Industry at the University of Southern California for a little over a year before leaving to pursue her music career full time. She is now working on her own solo projects as well as songwriting for other artists.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.