For New Yorkers who love to eat, Brooklyn Heights is one of the best places to get your brunch on. With long-time dining staples and new up-and-coming spots, there an outstanding variety of restaurants with flavors from all over the world. This area also boasts some of the best views Brooklyn has to offer. These restaurants, along with the many after-eating opportunities for walks, art, and sunshine, make Brooklyn Heights a top destination for food lovers. We check out the best places to get a spot of brekky in Brooklyn Heights.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
A Brooklyn Heights staple since it was opened in 2009 by two brothers, this café is considered a hidden gem by residents. Nestled on the corner of a cobblestone street, Iris Café has a rotating menu of seasonally driven foods and cocktails. An intimate restaurant and bar, it allows for either the quick pick-up of coffee or a long lazy brunch with friends. Patrons can choose from something light, like the avocado toast or house made ricotta, or go bigger with the house-made French toast with cinnamon butter and maple syrup or smoked salmon. Once finished, Iris Café is not too far from the Brooklyn Bridge for a nice after-meal walk.
If looking for an upscale brunch option, this Brooklyn Heights favorite is the place to try. The expansive space, filled with long wooden tables and greens growing along the walls, has an open kitchen and if given the chance, guests should try and get a spot at the wrap around counter to watch the Chefs work while they eat. The menu falls into different types of categories, with all the traditional American staples and a few new ones too, like shrimp and grits and decadent duck hash. Be sure to save room to share the Basket O’ Donuts, a basket of five house-made donuts right out of the oven.
This no frills, down-to-earth restaurant serves up large portions and large flavors. Clark’s Restaurant has something for everyone and is sure to leave you wanting more. Regular’s favorites include the corned beef hash and gravy, chocolate chip pancakes, the Clark’s breakfast (potato pancakes, poached eggs, and avocado all topped off with hollandaise), and the big breakfast with a side of brioche French toast. Not too far from the Brooklyn Bridge, you can even walk off the food coma.
Grand Canyon Restaurant
This classic American diner has something for everyone. Excellent burgers, pancakes of all kinds, wrap, omelets, and so much more are available. Come prepared to eat, Grand Canyon Restaurant has large portion sizes that are sure to fill you up. This casual restaurant is ideal for brunch for people who need a little something for everyone.
Caffe Buon Gusto
The Brooklyn Heights location of Caffe Buon Gusto is one of three New York locations. Everything on the menu is well-made with a variety of options, from small and light to big and heavy choices satisfying all kinds of appetites They open early on the weekends if you are an early riser.
A local Brooklyn Heights eating spot, Lantern Thai Kitchen provides the alternative to the traditional continental breakfast. The sleek interior provides a quite ambiance and brunch atmosphere while guests sit, relax, and talk during brunch. Lantern has a variety of options for individuals who are vegetarian and vegan and who may have food allergies as well. From Green Mango Salad, to the popular Pad Thai and Crispy Basil Duck options, this laid back restaurant is a good choice for diners shying away from a ‘pancakes and French toast’ kind of experience.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.