Sayulita may not be known for its buoyant party scene, and it’s undoubtedly more laid-back than nearby Puerto Vallarta. But that doesn’t mean you’ll find yourself at a loss for options when it comes to delicious cocktails and interesting bars. From beach bars with swings to chic lounges and a palapa restaurant-turned-salsa club, these are the best bars in Sayulita.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
There’s no doubt you’ll want to visit this place more than once. The contemporary minimalist décor is bound to pull you in from the sidewalk and, once inside, its wood-fired pizzas and craft cocktails will keep you in there for a while. Skilled bar staff prepare unique concoctions with smoky mezcal and hibiscus flowers that are perfect for day or night. The music tends to be more on the indie rock spectrum, so expect a more laid-back vibe.
Though its name translates into “hidden bar,” this gem is located in the center of town. It specializes in wine and house cocktails like the Sayulita Sunset, made with mezcal, fresh grapefruit juice, lime juice, Sprite and fernet. The atmosphere is laid-back, and the music is chill. Grab a spot in one of the colorful seats, and spend a cozy evening overlooking the main plaza. If you get hungry, try ordering a panini and small bites from the menu.
Atico Breakfast Cafe & Bar
The highlight of this place is its quirky atmosphere, with swings at the bar that are the most coveted seats in the house. The funky artwork covering the walls and ceiling adds a lot of character to this lively spot, where you can come for breakfast and stay for drinks. Who doesn’t want to sip on a tamarind margarita or a smoky mezcal cocktail with chili salt while swaying on a swing?
El Barrilito is a pub and sports bar that serves great BBQ chicken wings, as well as excellent signature cocktails at reasonable prices. It has a very relaxed vibe, and many screens that make it an ideal gathering spot for sports matches. The bar stools on the edge of the street are a quirky addition not to be missed.
Bar Le Zouave
Decorated in red tones inside and out, this bohemian chic bar at the Moroccan-inspired Petit Hotel Hafa is the place to head after dark. The grapefruit and habanero chili margarita made with fresh ingredients may be one of the best cocktails you’ll ever have, but feel free to ask the skilled bartender for other recommendations. Arrive early if you prefer a quiet, relaxing environment, as it tends to fill up later.
Located on Sayulita’s main beach, Don Pedro’s offers a rustic fine dining experience. Sitting under a massive thatched palapa, the restaurant serves Mediterranean-style cuisine with a Mexican twist and amazing cocktails. From October to June, Monday nights are dedicated to salsa dancing starting at 8pm, though you can come at 7pm if you want to have a salsa lesson beforehand. On Thursdays, they have gypsy flamenco at 7pm.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.