Whether you’re celebrating Memorial Day Weekend in the US, Spring Bank Holiday in the UK, or just enjoying the final weekend of May, we’ve put together a bunch of brilliant deals for you to take advantage of this holiday weekend.
Long weekends are great, aren’t they? More time away from your screen, a chance to put your feet up, spend time with loved ones, or bask in the late spring sunshine. We love to use long weekends to plan our next big adventure and, if you like to do the same, then here is all the inspiration you need, with a few financial incentives sprinkled on top.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Last Call Discounts
If you’re someone who loves to plan spontaneous, last-minute adventures, then you’ll love our Last Call offers, valid on select guaranteed departures in the next few months. Clear your summer schedule and save big on these incredible small-group trips.
Adventurous Ecuador – 8-15 July – 20% OFF
Join us on an exploration of South America’s most underrated destination – eight days jam-packed with adventure, from riding through Cotopaxi National Park on horseback to cycling the Baños Waterfall Route and white-water rafting in the Amazon. Not to mention fine chocolate-tasting and an Ecuadorian cooking masterclass to keep you going along the way. Book your spot on our July departure now.
Greek Island Odyssey – 9-16 July – 30% OFF
Save over $750 (or over £600) on a summer escape to the Med, with our glorious eight-day island-hopping adventure in the Greek Cyclades. Start off with a guided tour of Athens and the Acropolis before visiting the quaint islands of Milos and Naxos, ending with sunset views over Santorini. Don’t miss out on the bargain of the summer, book your spot today.
Edinburgh and the Scottish Highlands by Train – 17-23 July – 20% OFF
The ruggedly handsome Scottish countryside is resplendent in July, so don’t miss out on 20% off this departure, which is proving a favourite among Culture Trippers. Perhaps you’re a whisky drinker on a pilgrimage? A Harry Potter obsessive on a mission to ride the Hogwarts Express? Or simply an outdoor adventurer looking to escape? Either way, you can book your spot on this Rail Trip right away.
Blissful Bali – 5-16 August – 20% OFF
Our 12-day digital detox in this Indonesian paradise is already an absolute bargain, but with 20% off you really can’t miss out. Hike Mount Batur at sunrise, swim with sea turtles and experience a traditional Balinese blessing ceremony – plus plenty of chill time on the beach. Book your spot on our August trip in Bali.
Early Bird Discounts for 2023
If you’re more of a forward-thinker then our Early Bird discount offers you the chance to make savings by booking ahead of the curve. Here are some 2023 departures currently on Early Bird Discount. Keep scrolling for 2024.
Adventurous Ecuador – 9-16 September – 30% OFF
July too soon for our Ecuador trip? You’re in luck – you can save even more when you book your spot on our September departure.
Atlantic Azores – 3-8 September – 5% OFF
Love the great outdoors? This Portuguese archipelago is one big adventure playground, and on our six-day trip you’ll cycle, kayak, abseil, canyon and go on a whale watching safari. You in? Join us in the Azores this September.
Discover Jordan – 9-16 September – 5% OFF
Plan ahead and get a discounted price on our epic itinerary in the Middle East. Explore ancient Petra, the rocky expanse of Wadi Rum, the Red Sea and the Dead Sea on this eight-day tour. Book fast, before someone else takes your Early Bird discount.
Berlin to Budapest: Central Europe by Train – 7-16 October – 5% OFF
Dreaming of exploring Europe by train? Our 10-day Rail Trip from Berlin to Budapest calls at Prague, Vienna and Bratislava, so you can sip locally brewed beers, meander down cobbled old town alleys and learn about European history in five capital cities. Book now to save 5%.
Epic Morocco – 7-17 October – 5% OFF
This 11-day odyssey across the gateway to North Africa is one of our most popular trips, so act fast to secure that Early Bird discount. Discover Casablanca, Chefchaouen, Marrakech, the Atlas Mountains and the Sahara desert when you join us on our Epic Morocco trip.
Magical Madrid to Marrakech by Train – 5-16 November – 5% OFF
You can buy an awful lot of Rioja, or go on a shopping spree in Moroccan markets, with the money you’ll save by booking early on this 12-day Rail Trip charting the evolution from Iberia to North Africa. Book now to save on a continent-crossing train experience.
Vibrant Vietnam – 14-25 November – 5% OFF
Sample street food in Hanoi, cruise through Halong Bay and soak up the atmosphere of colonial Hoi An across 12 days in Vietnam this November. Will you book your place on this bargain trip?
Caribbean Colombia – 9-16 December – 5% OFF
Spend eight days tracing this gorgeous stretch of South American coastline, from the mangrove forests of La Boquilla to the pristine beaches and luscious forests of Tayrona National Park. Book your spot on our Caribbean Colombia adventure.
Early Bird Discounts for 2024
If you really want to get the worm then be a really early bird and sort out next year’s travels today. We have a whole host of departure dates ready, and these generous discounts make planning ahead a rewarding endeavour.
Incredible Thailand and Laos by Train – 13-26 January – 15% OFF
Forget ruining your carbon footprint with hour-long flights, you can explore two of Southeast Asia’s most beautiful countries without leaving the ground thanks to our overland Rail Trip. Check out the full itinerary and book your spot on a January adventure in the jungle.
Beachy Belize – 17-21 February – 15% OFF
Get ahead of the winter blues by booking yourself a beach paradise retreat next February. In just five days on Belize’s Caribbean coast we’ll take you snorkelling in a barrier reef and spotting jaguars on a rainforest hike – not to mention plenty of time on the beach. Book a winter trip to Belize today.
Ultimate Egypt – 7-15 March – 15% OFF
With the long-awaited opening of The Grand Egyptian Museum, we expect this ancient destination to be one of the most popular in 2024. Book our March trip today and save almost $450 (or almost £400) on a nine-day tour that includes the Pyramids, the Sphinx, the new museum and a four night luxury cruise down the Nile. Get ahead of the booking rush and secure your place on our Ultimate Egypt 2024 trip.
Magical Madrid to Marrakech by Train – 13-24 April – 15% OFF
If November 2023 doesn’t work for you, then don’t worry, you can make an even bigger saving when you book our April 2024 trip from the Spanish capital to Morocco’s most vibrant cities. Book a Madrid to Marrakech Rail Trip with us today.
Blissful Bali – 15-26 June – 15% OFF
Want to go big next summer? It doesn’t get bigger, or more beautiful, than Blissful Bali. Join us for 12-days of outdoor adventure, beach relaxation and cultural immersion next June.
Seductive Southern Italy – 14-23 September – 15% OFF
It may be a long time to keep yourself waiting, but think of all the gelato you could buy with the savings made from booking ahead on our sumptuous coastal adventure along Naples, the Amalfi Coast and Puglia. Book our trip today, download Duolingo and get working on those hand gestures tomorrow.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.