Longing for a maritime adventure, but don’t know where to start? Can’t convince your friends to join you? Fear not. Group sailing trips are a stress-free way to experience the high seas for an affordable price. Read on to discover why your next holiday should be on a yacht.
Cast off in search of secluded beaches and desert islands on an eight-day sailing adventure with Culture Trip – no experience necessary
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Learn about life at sea
If you grew up landlocked, the chances are your only experience on a boat is a pedalo or car ferry. You’re missing out. On a fully staffed boat, you can discover what it is like to sleep in a cabin, weigh anchor, and even pick up some sailing tips while you’re on board.
Everything is planned for you
Holidays are all about relaxation. Planning one can be unexpectedly stressful, especially if it involves island-hopping and multiple modes of transport. With a group sailing excursion, everything is organised for you – from meals to kayaking excursions and sunset cocktail hour. All you need to do is book your flight and turn up. And make sure to put your sun lotion on.
See a unique side of a destination from the water
Everything looks a little different from the deck of a boat. You’ll get to moor in places no one else can reach, swim in secluded coves, and sink a cold one as you watch the sun dip below the horizon. Alternatively, dock in a fancy marina where you’ll have a front row seat to the world’s most exclusive destinations.
Visit multiple destinations
You’ll experience so much more on board a yacht than you would staying in a hotel at a single destination. After all, your home for the week will be your gateway to adventure. Wake up to a different island with a fresh view every day. What’s more, there’s no need to keep packing and unpacking between every destination. Bliss.
Escape the crowds
From hidden coves to remote island atolls, the best places to visit are also the hardest to get to. The beauty of sailing is that you can explore spots that are only accessible from the water. Soak up the atmosphere before the crowds arrive or stay long after the day-trippers have departed
Meet other like-minded people
Bonding over once-in-a-lifetime experiences is a surefire way to solidify a new friendship. Leaping off cliffs into turquoise waters, snorkeling with turtles and dining al fresco on deck are just a handful of things you’ll do with your newfound travel companions. You might even leave with friends for life.
Spot exotic wildlife
From playful dolphins surfing alongside the hull to curious turtles poking above the water’s surface, sailing is a great way to see incredible wildlife. You’ll also have access to world-class snorkeling and diving spots quite literally on your doorstep. Grab your snorkel mask and dive in.
Enjoy luxury on a budget
While chartering a yacht is traditionally a pastime for the super-wealthy, it doesn’t have to be. Joining a group sailing getaway is an incredibly affordable way to experience life on the high seas, as the cost is shared between you and your fellow travellers. Take into account a private cook and you’ll really feel like you’re travelling in luxury.
Soak up the winter sun
Abandon your woollies and short daylight hours for a winter sun getaway. Many yachting tours take place close to the equator where the temperatures are balmy, even in the depths of winter. Pack your bikini and sunnies – and get ready for a tan that’ll make everyone back home jealous.
Embark on a real adventure
Sunbathing all week not for you? We get it. Many of us spend a huge portion of our lives sitting at desks, so it makes sense to spend your well-deserved holiday time seeking an active adventure. Sailing not only offers this, but also the chance to explore seldom-trodden beaches and try other water sports as well.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.