When payday hits, there’s nothing better than treating yourself to some fun in London, especially London’s West End, which is home to so many different types of entertainment from theatre shows to high-end dining. Here are seven ways you can spend your hard earned cash in the West End post-payday.
Shop On Carnaby Street
Located just moments away from Oxford Street, the busiest shopping street in London, Carnaby Street offers shoppers a selection of independent boutiques as well as popular flagship stores. Known for its charming side streets and quirky decor, the pedestrianised area is an absolute must for anyone looking to indulge in some payday shopping. The smaller scale makes it more intimate and less overwhelming for shoppers, compared to any other area of the city. If you’re looking to grab a bite to eat, Kingley Court offers a wide selection of brilliant eateries so you can refresh and reboot before you continue shopping.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Book a Reservation at The Ivy Soho
Loved by celebrities and locals alike, The Ivy Brasserie is the ultimate spot for a sophisticated dining experience, with its plush interior and formal ambience. The menu caters for all times of the day from brunch and afternoon tea to evening meals and cocktails; so whatever your stomach is craving, you won’t be left disappointed. While you indulge and absorb the decadent atmosphere, you’ll most likely see a few famous faces too – the ultimate payday treat!
Pay a Visit to Chinatown
Chinatown is one of London’s busiest areas, offering guests a huge selection of restaurants and activities. Home of the best authentic Chinese food in the city, it’s no surprise that many restaurants in the area often have queues running out the doors. Whatever your restaurant speciality preference – dim sum or a Chinese-style buffet – you’ll find traditional restaurant venues in Chinatown. You’ll also find a selection of cuisines from around the world, including Korean, Japanese, Malaysian and Vietnamese, as well European food.
Spend the Evening at the Cinema
Whether it’s date-night or just a night out with friends, sometimes you just can’t beat a trip to the cinema – especially if the weather is rotten. London’s West End has many great cinemas to choose from, including the likes of Curzon and Picturehouse.
Enjoy a West End Show
No trip to the West End would be complete without going to see a show. Whether you fancy watching a new musical, topical play or an all-time classic production, London’s West End will leave you spoilt for choice when it comes to stage shows.
Sample Some the West End’s Finest Restaurants
Whether you’re looking for a quick, pre-theatre dinner or wanting to indulge in an evening of exceptional drinks and food, London’s West End does not fall short when it comes to high-quality restaurants. From Michelin-star eateries to great independent restaurants, the area has a brilliant selection of spots for all budgets.
Stroll From Piccadilly Circus to Regent Street for Some Shopping
What better way to spend your paycheck than visiting one of London’s most famous shopping destinations, Regent Street. Packed full of popular high-street brands as well as luxurious designer labels, the street is payday paradise and can be pretty dangerous for any excitable shopper!
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.