Zürich is a true culinary gem offering diverse and tasty cuisine. It has range of incredibly tasty and extensive brunches. Take your pick from our list of the city’s top brunches.
Did you know – Culture Trip now does bookable, small-group trips? Pick from authentic, immersive Epic Trips, compact and action-packed Mini Trips and sparkling, expansive Sailing Trips.
The stylish Bohemia has incorporated South American, Caribbean and Californian influences into its food resulting in an exciting balance of flavors. When it opened in 1999, the restaurant was one of the first to have its own coffee roasting facility and gained widespread reputation for its delicious breakfasts. While having undergone considerable transformations since then to include American-Brasserie influences, the quality of its brunches have lost none of their appeal. Next to homemade cakes and fresh ingredients, the light interior with its wooden accents contribute to a charming eating experience. The weekend brunch is renowned throughout the city and welcomes visitors until as late as 4pm.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Kafischnaps Café Bar
Kafischnaps is one of the city’s hippest restaurants and popular with Zürich‘s young and fashionable crowd. The bar’s interior maintains a skillful balance between old-fashioned elements, such as an Art Noveau chandelier, and modern touches. The massive, black vitrine displays a variety of fresh cakes and drinks. The restaurant serves tasty breakfasts and brunches daily until 4pm with great combinations such as roasted veal with tomato-chili jam. The heft open-faced sandwiches are a particular speciality, as well as the famous Kafischnaps, made from quince grown in the backyard. A trip to Kafischnaps can quickly turn into a more extensive visit due to its charming and unpretentious atmosphere and staff.
Café des Amis
This delightful cafe is situated just around the corner from the Limmatplatz and offers savory breakfasts during the week and an outstanding brunch on the weekend. Opened in 2011 by a group of friends, the restaurant’s mellow atmosphere and comfortable interior give it a particular flair. The generous portions consist of seasonal and local ingredients, resulting in truly mouthwatering dishes. The bistro has earned a reputation for its quality brunches and continues to be a crowd pleaser. A charming spot for breakfast with a French flair within a cordial atmosphere.
Babu’s Bakery and Coffeehouse
For lovers of coffee, there is no way around Babu’s, which serves some of the most innovative and tasty coffee creations in the city. Next to freshly brewed delights, the coffeehouse offers a variety of fresh cakes, waffles and refreshing fruit juices. Breakfast has a special place in the restaurant with a selection of dishes ranging from crispy bacon to organic omelets. For late risers, Babus offers an all-day brunch on the weekend including table service, allowing visitors to enjoy a laid-back morning rather than endless queuing. The bakery has everything a good brunch needs to have and more.
Fork & Bottle
The bustling restaurant and beer garden is a popular spot with professionals as well as food lovers, and offers tasty, seasonal dishes with ingredients sourced from organic, regional producers. On a Sunday, visitors can indulge in a hearty brunch including a range of sweet and savory dishes, as well as numerous breakfast cocktails and beers. Fork & Bottle has a large outside area as well as a cozy interior which will charm you with its authentic and rustic flair. The friendly and chatty staff are more than happy to accommodate any wishes and are only one of the many reasons that make this place such a winner.
The Hiltl restaurant is considered the first vegetarian restaurant in the world and has been in the Hiltl family for four generations. On Sundays and national holidays, it serves one of the best brunches in the city and visitors can enjoy the delightful treats until 2.30pm. The huge buffet features a range of vegetarian and vegan dishes from traditional eggs to Indian lentils. Alongside the breakfast, refreshing Prosecco, fruit juices and earthy coffees provide the perfect contribution to a healthy breakfast. The Hiltl’s elegant setting with its open architecture and elegant atmosphere as well as its innovative kitchen give it a special place in Zürich’s brunch scene.
With a reputation as one of the best and friendliest cafes in the city, Bubbles is a popular spot and serves a high-quality English breakfast on Saturday and Sunday. The menu features a variety of breakfast treats and the tasty omelets and bagels get the tick of approval. Whether you are looking for a meeting place with friends or to enjoy a cup of coffee over a newspaper, the friendly and relaxed atmosphere will make anyone feel right at home. The very British breakfast is a particular highlight, but Bubbles leaves nothing to be desired for all sorts of tastes.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.