Volcanoes infused the soils on Lanzarote with nutrients and the waters with minerals, heating the natural springs and sculpting the landscape into ethereal forms. Vineyards carpet craters carved into beds of black ash, and ancient lava flows have dotted the island with pumice stones. In other words, all the elements are in place for a transformative wellness experience at these top spa hotels in Lanzarote – book your stay now with Culture Trip.
Aimed firmly at grown-up travellers looking for romance as well as relaxation, Secrets spills onto the beach from an arid, volcanic landscape, like a private oasis. Outwardly, this is the classic resort experience – palm-dotted grounds, multiple restaurants and pools – but, once checked in, the focus is on hydrotherapy, cold tubs, waterfall and mist showers, saunas, massages and aromatherapy at the Romanesque spa. Rooms complement the calming mood with natural fabrics and uncluttered lines.
A chic resort on a stretch of volcanic shoreline, Barceló Teguise surrounds a long and languorous pool, but the focus for most is the spa, with its philosophy of salute per aqua – a Roman philosophy of wellness based on hot and cold baths. Inside the rooms, it’s all crisp whites and modern minimalism, and there are plenty of restaurants and bars to fill the moments between therapies. It’s up on a rocky headland – ensuring sea breezes – and a short walk from the sand.
The crater of an extinct volcano rises behind this village-like five-star hotel, laid out on a rocky stretch of coast. Pathways wind between the villas, crossing lush lawns dotted with palms and pools, and rooms have an art deco sensibility, with lots of black-and-white details and balconies for soaking up the Canary Islands sunshine. It’s great for families, with plenty of activities to keep small travellers content while parents are enjoying massages, mist rooms, saunas, jacuzzis and fresh- and saltwater pools.
The volcanic hinterland rises dramatically behind the resort strip at Playa Blanca. The bone-dry landscape is visible from many of the rooms at this village-style resort, which edges a hub of interconnected pools. It’s a strong all-rounder, with bright, inviting blue-and-white suite rooms, superior food, activities for kids (including a mini kids’ village) and spa treatments for grown-ups, including salt- and fresh-water therapies.
Sandwiched between a volcanic beach and the volcanoes that produced it, this stylish, sprawling resort is on the edge of the Costa de Papagayo, near some of the loveliest undeveloped stretches of beach on the island. Rooms are oriented towards the ocean, with sea-facing balconies, soft upholstery in soothing colours, good family facilities (including five pools) and an impressive range of spa services, including massages, hydrotherapy, facials, mud wraps and more.
Facing a broad, powdery beach just minutes from Lanzarote Airport, Hotel Beatriz is a hotel for people who want to get straight out onto the sand. All eyes are on the sea, with water-facing balconies and a string of pools just behind the beach. Rooms are modern and uncluttered – it’s worth splurging on the superior classes for extra space and design panache. Relaxation comes in the form of a two-hour hydrothermal circuit, plus a full menu of massages and treatments.
With views over the boutiques, bars, restaurants and yachts at Marina Rubicón Village, Volcán Lanzarote places guests in the heart of the action at Playa Blanca. Styled like an Andalusian pueblo blanco (white village), this sophisticated resort targets couples who crave pampering, with bright, airy, Spanish-flavoured rooms and an impressive selection of spa services, from massages to Turkish baths, saunas and a hydromassage pool. For maximum exclusivity, book into Club Volcán, an adults-only section of the resort that feels like a separate village.
Inspired by the work of Canarian architect, César Manrique, Seaside Los Jameos has a striking blue-and-white colour scheme that runs from the lobby and public spaces to the window shutters and furniture and fabrics in the rooms. The hotel takes wellness seriously, with excellent sports facilities that include packages for visiting Ironman participants, as well as aquatherapy, saunas, wraps and facials in the spirit-calming, ocean-blue spa. With a great Playa Matagorda location, it’s an enticing package.
If you’re not yet sold on Lanzarote, check out why it’s a must-visit destination, not least due to the impressive restaurants and most beautiful beaches on the island. There are plenty of places to stay by the coast, including the most luxurious hotels on Lanzarote. Or, if you’re budget-conscious, see our guide to the best cheap hotels on Lanzarote, bookable now with Culture Trip. For more options, discover these family-friendly hotels in the Canary Islands.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.