June is the perfect time to plan a trip if you want to have a mid-year reset, catch some sunny weather and potentially miss the summer crowds. From artistic European hotspots to lush rail trips across Asia, we’ve picked out a wide variety of options to suit every type of traveller.
Immerse yourself in the architectural history of the Catalonian capital city where cutting-edge art is part of a rich local culture. Join a guided tour, with our expert Local Insider, of the most famous works by architect and designer Antoni Gaudí, including La Sagrada Familia and Park Güell. You’ll also get the chance to soak up the atmosphere of this cosmopolitan city by strolling through the Gothic Quarter and sampling pintxos (local tapas) in a traditional bar, all while staying in a characterful boutique hotel. June is a great time to visit as many of the locals are still in town as the summer months see intense temperatures and tourists arrive.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Head to Surrealist Spain over a long weekend this June with Culture Trip.
Soak up more than two millennia of history and tradition on this city break to Istanbul. You’ll visit world-famous sights with our Local Insider, including the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace, before boarding a ferry across the Bosporus to explore the Asian side of the city. Fuelling the adventure are plenty of foodie-friendly activities: enjoy delicious borek in artsy Kuzguncuk, explore the fragrant Spice Market, and visit a traditional baklava shop for sweet treats and Turkish coffee. A stay in a contemporary five-star hotel caps a thrilling getaway.
Visit International Istanbul with Culture Trip this June
Laid-back Baja California Sur
Jutting into the Pacific, the Baja California peninsula is a place of contrasts. Down the middle are the granite peaks of the Peninsula Ranges, cactus-spiked desert makes up much of the inland area, while beautiful golden beaches fringe the coastline. You’ll be heading to its greener southern half, Baja California Sur, where you’ll have the opportunity to meet rare and majestic marine life, explore bohemian beach towns, and hike to a desert oasis.
Make the most of the favourable weather in June and join our relaxing 5-day trip to Baja California Sur
Moroccan culture is as intoxicatingly diverse as the Moroccan landscape. From the colourful explosion of bustling bazaars to the welcoming serenity of old Berber communities, exploring the snowy peaks of Africa’s longest mountain range and the rocky expanses of the desert, this Mini Trip gives you the whole Moroccan experience in just five days. You’ll start with a lively introduction to Marrakech, as our Local Insider helps you discover the narrow streets of old town, before moving to a Berber village high in the Atlas Mountains, where you’ll hike across epic valleys and tuck into local cuisine. Finally, your road leads to the Agafay Desert, where you’ll spend a night under the stars in a luxury campsite.
Head from Marrakech to the Atlas Mountains with Culture Trip
Incredible Thailand and Laos by Train
Our exciting two-week rail adventure begins in the bustling metropolis of Bangkok and then takes you on a scenic train ride to Phitsanulok, the country’s oldest city. From there, you’ll be able to explore the nearby ruins of Sukhothai, a fascinating Khmer-era city. Next stop is Chiang Mai, where you can indulge in the best of local street food and even learn to cook Thai cuisine yourself. We’ll also visit an elephant sanctuary in Lampang, and cross the border into Laos to experience traditional rural life, see waterfalls, and kayak in the unspoiled beauty of the Namsong River. To cap off the trip, you’ll enjoy a sleeper train back to Bangkok and a walking tour with our Local Insider. Don’t miss this unforgettable journey through some of the most beautiful scenery and magnificent historical sites that Thailand has to offer.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.