Valencia is a vibrant city in southeastern Spain that extends a warm welcome to visitors of all ages. You only need to look at architect Calatrava’s playful built fantasies to feel the pulse of the place. It’s also got a beautiful beach and stunning old-town quarters to explore. What’s more, young ones will love playing in the Turia Gardens, one of the biggest urban parks in the country. So come and enjoy the best family-friendly hotels Valencia has to offer – bookable with Culture Trip.
Spanish brand Meliá does crisp, white-on-white style and comfort like no other, and at this smart branch between the old town and the marina, several of the rooms cater beautifully to families, too: expect generously sized bunk beds and welcome gifts for little ones. Older kids will love splashing about in the lawn-trimmed outdoor pool, and you’re a one-minute walk from the rambling Turia Gardens, with its children’s funfair, minigolf and skate park.
Self-cater in clean, modern surroundings at this central boutique hotel, with family rooms including kitchenettes, microwaves and pull-out beds at an affordable price point. Vending machines in the lobby defuse snack emergencies at all hours, and there are only 35 rooms, so you won’t wait for staff assistance. There are smart TVs preloaded with shows for all ages. Meanwhile, grown-ups will love the fresh, monochromatic decor and the leafy park views.
This super-central city base is most loved for its enormous swimming pool and generous sun deck. Family suites give parents their own double room, with kids on a pull-out bed in the room next door (cots are also available), which transforms to a living room by day. Expect concierge, 24-hour room service and luggage storage – all saving you time and hassle on flying visits. The staff are brilliant, too – just contact them and they’ll deal with whatever you throw at them.
Want to stay in a hip neighbourhood with everything on hand for a smooth family trip? Choose Ruzafa, a burgeoning neighbourhood of slick tapas bars, concept stores and cafe-bookshops. This smart townhouse hotel is perfect for families, with triple rooms of three twin beds; there are also family rooms with bunk beds, and even quintuple rooms squeezing in five – meaning you can direct more of your holiday budget at the cool shopping, dining and arts district outside.
This selection of loft-style apartments sleeps two adults and two children comfortably, thanks to high ceilings, plush sofas and gorgeous black-and-gold kitchens with dining areas. It’s a far cry from cramming three or four into one hotel room – here, you can self-cater for most meals and have evenings at home when you want to, but you’re also well placed for the restaurants and shops of Gran Via and the leafy Turia Gardens.
This is a cutting-edge design hotel with a cool colour palette – but inside you’ll find handy triple rooms featuring a double and a kid’s bed, plus family rooms sleeping four. It’s in Na Rovella, close to new-build apartment buildings, department stores and coffee shops, and walkable from the huddle of restaurants in Eixample. With a chic coffee and cocktail bar, palm-print wallpaper and botanical sketches framed in rooms of dark green and yellow, it’s a cosmopolitan choice.
Still not found your perfect stay? Check into one of the best beach hotels in Valencia. Looking for more family-friendly hotels in Spain? Discover the sun-kissed shores of Menorca, the easternmost of the Balearic Islands, where golden beaches and turquoise bays create a tranquil setting for your next family getaway. For a spot of adventure, pay a visit to Lanzarote, a UNESCO Geopark with volcanic origins as well as an abundance of beachside holiday resorts, there’s something for everyone. Wherever your itinerary takes you, be sure to book your stay securely with Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.