Valencia isn’t known as one of the quintessential beach destinations in Spain, yet this major port city and region boast some impressive, unspoilt beaches in their own right. Here is a round-up of Culture Trip-approved seaside hotels and places to stay on this part of the Spanish coast.
A five-star resort surrounded by olive groves on the beachfront, Oliva Nova’s setting alone ensures you will have an unforgettable stay. Sun, sea and mountains, combined with golf, tennis, an equestrian centre, football fields, gym and swimming pool, are sure to keep you occupied during your stay.
Located in Playa del Racó, Hotel Cullera Holiday is the ideal place for relaxation. Rooms have either sea or mountain views and let in natural light to highlight the simple decor and space. If you like cycling, there are routes for you to hire a bike and explore at your leisure. The resort also has an array of gastronomic options for when you’re done.
On the seafront of Gandia lies the Hotel RH Riviera, with unparalleled views of the sea from its terrace and rooms. A short stroll from this upscale property will take you to the sea, promenade and Gandia Yacht Club. Within the resort is a buffet restaurant, outdoor pool and a rooftop solarium so you are able to make the most of the sunshine even when you’re not on the beach.
Situated in an enclave next to the Mediterranean is Hotel Meraki – a little place that guests love for its tranquillity and intimate setting as it has just 12 rooms over two floors. All rooms have a private terrace with sea views in which you can catch sunrise. The hotel’s Sky Bar is on the terrace, also has sea views and provides an impressive cocktail list, so is the perfect spot for sundowners.
Integrated into a dune and pine forest of the Albufera Natural Park, Parador de El Saler is a one-of-a-kind hotel that offers guests lush greenery and golden beaches. With sea views from nearly every angle, a spa, football field, outdoor swimming pool and a golf course, the hotel is almost a little world of its own. Rooms have floor-to-ceiling windows that allow the outside in and fill rooms with natural light.
If you want to explore or seek adventure, then a stay at Hotel Miramar is essential. Sports-wise you can flyboard, jet-ski, windsurf, paddleboard, sail, take a diving course or hire a catamaran. The hotel is in close proximity to the delightful Old Town, City of Science and Arts and a few local neighbourhoods in which you must try some local dishes, tapas and wine.
It’s described as an urban hotel, yet Neptuno is right on the beach. The interior is adorned with paintings and sculptures by local artists including Antonio de Felipe, Miquel Navarro, Andreu Alfaro and Willy Ramos – an art-lover’s dream. It has all the amenities you’d hope for, yet it is the personal service that makes guests return.
Known for its thematic style, Gabbeach Hotel is a small yet beautifully unique hotel in Valencia. With just 12 rooms that all differ in design and character, the property is cosy and homely, but also elegant. Other than its proximity next to Las Arenas Beach, the hotel’s USP is its restaurant serving international and traditional cuisine with fresh local produce.
Hotel Balandret was inspired by the El Balandrito (the Little Yacht), a famous painting by Spanish artist Joaquín Sorolla depicting a young boy playing with a toy boat by the beach. Right on the beachfront, the hotel sits amid natural surroundings that only add to its appeal. By blending art with luxury, the hotel created a hotel-restaurant that has amazing views of the Mediterranean and an extraordinary menu sourced with local produce.
For more options, check out our pick of the best hotels in Valencia or the best wellness retreats in Valencia, and book now on Culture Trip. Alternatively, discover our guide to how to spend the perfect weekend in Valencia. To discover great budget-friendly hotel options, check out our guide to the best cheap hotels in Valencia, Spain, bookable on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.