Menorca is fun for all the family. With fine beaches, ample opportunity for activities and hotels offering excellent kids’ facilities, the island boasts no end of great places to stay. Even better, they’re all bookable with Culture Trip.
Often overshadowed by more famous siblings Ibiza and Mallorca, Menorca has plenty to offer in the holiday stakes. This is particularly true when it comes to families, with broad beaches and calm shallows making the island’s beaches a veritable playground for little ones. Let’s consider the best hotels for families in Menorca.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
A short walk from the sands of Son Xoriguer Beach, in Cala’n Bosch, this colourful Katmandu-themed hotel has a pool for every day of the week among its acres of botanical gardens. Families love the children’s pool, menus and club not to mention the games space brimming with arcade games and pool tables. Whitewashed villas are soothing places to relax with balconies or terraces. Two-bedded Family Xtra rooms sleep five with balconies creating extra al fresco space or add a pool view if you want to keep those turquoise waters in sight.
Fronting Cala’n Bosch beach on Menorca’s scenic northern coast, this low-key favourite is one for activity-seeking holidaymakers. Your kids will love the pirate-themed splash park and you’ll all adore the sandy sweep of beach, as well as the opportunities to go diving and hiking. Spacious, light-filled apartment-style rooms, featuring kitchenettes, might go unused – the resort’s laid-back bars and restaurants include Mediterranean cuisine, alfresco grills and that all-important-for-families homemade pizza corner.
Close to the beach, in Cala Santandria in western Menorca, these crisp white apartments centre around a cool expanse of lagoon-style pools prettied by palm trees and bougainvillea. There is plenty of room to lie in the sun – including poolside sunbeds, sprawling gardens and terraced restaurants. Six places to eat and drink include Picco, serving a combo of Italian and Japanese cuisine. Pared-back rooms in natural shades keep you cool; apartments have kitchen facilities, while deluxe one-bedroom apartments add a private sunbathing terrace and canopied mini pools.
The setting is lovely, around two sun-blasted chunks of swimming pool, flanked by lawns and sunbeds. Better still, these mountain-view family-friendly apartments in the north of the island permit easy access to the golden dunes of Son Saura beach, while picturesque pine forests surround the complex. The joy of the comfortable studios with kitchens and balconies is the chance to breakfast al fresco then sunbathe in private. At some stage make sure you try the restaurant overlooking the beach for continental breakfasts or, for dinner, a traditional Menorcan caldereta de langosta, as they call the popular lobster stew here.
Everything is light and bright here, with family contentment in mind – from the tiled pool terrace set with white parasols to the whitewashed apartments with modern, airy interiors, kitchenettes, balconies and terraces. There’s a grassy play area for children to run wild in and as for grown-ups – the whole resort feels designed to idle away the days whilst enjoying the seaside views. With the beach merely 100m (328ft) away, you can hire bikes from the resort and explore the nearby village of S’Algar.
A five-minute walk from Punta Prima Beach, following the glittery Mediterranean shallows, brings you to these apartment hotels, contemporary in design, with a chic vibe and verdant surrounds of gardens and palm trees. Choose between balconies and patios for sun and sea air – the apartments come in either format, with pretty blue accents and kitchenettes so you can try your hand at island specialities. You might start by creating refreshing oliaigu, a cold tomato soup flavoured with green peppers and garlic, once eaten for breakfast but now served at lunchtime.
A blue mosaic-tiled figure-of-eight-shaped pool is the star of the show here, overlooked by sunny rooms and apartments with kitchenettes – all have a balcony, some come with pool views – with terracotta tiled floors and plenty of light. Children will love the splash park and adjoining pool that’s just for them. The closest beach sits in the centre of Cala’n Forcat, a 15-minute walk from the resort. Settle in for laid-back buffet meals on lazy days or venture to the local bars and restaurants to mingle with new best friends over an ice-cold Menorcan Mahou beer.
For more hotel options, check out the best resorts in Menorca or find out where to stay for an authentic local experience on the island, all bookable now with Culture Trip. To keep yourself occupied during your stay, take advantage of the best things to see and do, including the most visited attractions, before finishing the day with a beer on the beach.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.