From uber-luxurious mega-mansions to immaculately restored rustic fincas, if you’re searching for a new home in Spain, and money is no object, there are some pretty spectacular properties out there. We’ve scoured the Spanish mainland and its islands to pin down the most pricey properties – over half of which can be found on the increasingly exclusive Balearic Island of Mallorca.
Beachfront Estate in Marbella
This exclusive estate on Marbella’s Golden Mile is perched directly above the beach, with fantastic sea views, and is yours for a mere snip at €80 million. Comprising of a main villa with five suites, a guest villa with another three, and a beach house with two suites and its own pool, the property also boasts a large lagoon pool and a four bed staff house.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Mansion in Camp de Mar, Mallorca
A grand sea-view mansion in Camp de Mar offering secluded luxury within a half hour of Palma de Mallorca, will set you back a tidy €40 million. South-facing and located in the hills overlooking the sea, there are three houses on the property, set around a stunning infinity-edge pool, and with ample gardens and orchards.
Historic House and Estate in Stunning Clifftop Position in Valdemossa, Mallorca
This fairytale-like property was once owned by Archduke Ludwig Salvador of Habsburg, and plays hosts to spectacular sunsets in its dramatic clifftop location on the western coast of Mallorca . For a cool €36.5 million you get not only the stunning main house and pool, but 100 hectares of estate comprising of numerous other dwellings, forests, gardens and vineyards, as well as a house and private pier in the fishing village below.
Castillo Mallorca, Port Andratx
€36 million buys you a spectacular residence on a private peninsula, with stunning views over the sea, hills, and the upmarket Puerto Andratx and its yachty crowd. Once holidayed in by Princess Diana, the seven bedroom villa has private yacht docking, and a separate four bedroom guest house.
This enormous neo-classical mansion on Marbella’s Golden Mile, is backed by mountains, has spectacular views over its landscaped gardens to the sea, and a €32 million price tag. Incredibly high-spec, this palatial new-build has all mod-cons but is designed to resemble a stately home, with classical interiors to match (albeit with an uber-sleek contemporary indoor pool and cinema).
Futuristic Villa Chameleon in Son Vida, Mallorca
The spectacular Villa Chameleon sits high on a hill overlooking the Bay of Palma and is mostly glass facade, with one section of the roof devoted entirely to swimming pools. Built-in LED technology lighting throughout the property is designed to reflect different colours on the multiple glass surfaces at the flick of a switch to dramatic effect when the sun goes down. Definitely worthy of a part in a Bond film, this villa is all yours for a cool €29.5 million.
Luxurious Contemporary Villa in Zagaleta, Costa del Sol
This striking and palatial hilltop villa looking out towards the Mediterranean is the epitome of modern luxury, with a heli-pad, home cinema, disco, golf simulator and expansive spa. Located in the much-desired Zagaleta area of the Costa del Sol, you have to show proof of funds before you can even view this home, which has a €29 million price tag.
Impressive Rural Estate in Puigpunyent, Mallorca
On the market for an eye-watering €26.5 million, this vast old house has been immaculately restored and renovated, has its own guest house, stables, and chapel, and is set in beautiful grounds. Located in a particularly beautiful area of Mallorca, the property has stunning views over the mountains and countryside.
Cortijo Soto Real, Andalucia
If you fancy owning a five star hotel and country estate and have €25 million to spare then Cortijo Soto Real could be the place for you. The 25 room hotel is a luxurious blend of traditional Andalucian and Moorish design, comes complete with its own spa, and is set in 5000 acres of grounds with stables, orchards and lakes.
Spectacular seafront villa near Port Andratx, Mallorca
This stunning villa with tower and mature terraced gardens, overlooks the picturesque cove of Cala Marmassen, has a private boat deck and mooring, and the novel feature of an old funicular lift running between the boat house and pool area. On the market for €25 million, it’s under 10-minutes drive away from the popular Port Andratx in Mallorca’s southwest.
Contemporary Villa in Gated Community of La Quinta de Sierra Blanca, Costa del Sol
€23.3 million offers you the privacy of one of Marbella’s most exclusive private gated communities. This high-end, nine bed contemporary villa, set in beautiful grounds with lake and mountain views, comes complete with a cinema, spa and a fully equipped gym, with an address that is essentially the Costa del Sol’s equivalent of Beverley Hills.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.