Spain’s third city is a lively, youthful metropolis which trades on its standout food and beaches. For somewhere to stay while you enjoy them, these are the best hotels in Valencia, bookable on Culture Trip.
A big city with a big heart, Valencia is famous for its food – like the legendary paella – and festivals. The Roman architecture of the Old Town contrasts with Santiago Calatrava’s otherworldly modernism at the City of Arts and Sciences. This port city buzzes with trade, tourism and business – but its beaches are where everyone goes to relax at the weekend.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
This hipster hangout is the kind of hotel Valencia’s cool crowd like to visit, so you know it’s going to be good. The throngs come to its Ramirez Bar to enjoy forward-facing tapas, like spinach and quinoa croquetas (Spain’s grandmas will be turning in their graves). So, if you like to congregate with the cognoscenti, this is the place. The effortlessly cool “flats” above include all mod cons, like bijou kitchens and sofas, making this a very enjoyable place to stay.
Impressive interiors, which are far beyond what many people even have at home, mark out this quality design hotel. With white walls and gold accents, this chic hotel sits in the heart of Valencia, close to City Hall and the Central Market. Book their top restaurant downstairs for a casual dinner – plus the breakfast eggs are a must-have.
If you’re an active person, the Opera House B&B is perfect. In summer, an outdoor pool is perfect for lengths. During the rest of the year, you can go running in the next-door park, which stretches along the former Turia River bed. Inside, the Opera House features warm, neutral decor in its rooms as well as a continental breakfast each morning.
Cities like Valencia can be overwhelming, but respite comes in the form of shaded gardens. If you love foliage and the outdoors, then City Garden’s terrace, decked out with trailing plants and cute potted plants, will elevate the spirits. Don’t miss a glass of the famous Valencia orange juice out here at breakfast time – they also serve other seasonal Spanish fruits.
History oozes from every pore of the Caro Hotel – the 12th-century Arabian tower, Gothic walls, Roman basement – all come together with modern design touches to create a one-off luxury hotel that will impress. Every room is unique with wooden beams, rustic stone walls and sleek minimal furnishings. It’s all topped off with the Michelin-star Sucede restaurant, developed by El Bulli alumnus Miguel Ángel Mayor – it’s famous for its local eels.
If you like it lively, there’s no better neighbourhood to call home than Ruzafa. Cantagua is a great value hostel right in the thick of the action here, with numerous bars, cafés and live music venues all around. Inside, there are cosy mixed and female-only dorms. You can hire bikes from reception to explore the city.
This 19th-century palace has the wow factor. Set on one of Valencia’s premier boulevards, Navarro Reverter, it has been converted into a high-end hotel that dazzles from the moment you enter the huge lobby with its grand staircase. Architecture buffs will enjoy exploring the nooks of the building and bedding down in the large rooms replete with original features. The Bodyna spa – including a sauna and pool – rounds the hotel off in a luxurious manner.
Refined design hotel Helen Berger brings chic rooms and playful public spaces to the cool La Seu neighbourhood. If you like art and design, you’ll be in your element inside the hotel, plus there are classy boutiques and bars nearby. Unsurprisingly, their Instagram feed is lively, with plenty of social media cool cats checking in here and taking photos of the delectable cuisine. Think steak with chimichurri sauce and red tuna poke bowls.
For a hotel in Valencia that offers real highs, try the Vincci Mercat Hotel and its cloud-skimming rooftop terrace and pool. If you want to mix a city break with “fly and flop” relaxation, this is exactly the place to do it. A central Valencia location near the Old Town’s market on Carrer de la Llanterna, masculine dark decor and a late bar complete this picture.
Still not found your perfect stay? Read our guide to the best beach hotels in Valencia, then book your stay on Culture Trip. To discover great budget-friendly hotel options, check out our guide to the best cheap hotels in Valencia, Spain, bookable on Culture Trip.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.