Dorsoduro is a fun place with great restaurants and interesting attractions. It’s located close to Venice’s main sights and offers visitors a unique and authentically Italian experience. Read our guide to the best places to enjoy a drink in Dorsoduro.
Did you know – Culture Trip now does bookable, small-group trips? Pick from authentic, immersive Epic Trips, compact and action-packed Mini Trips and sparkling, expansive Sailing Trips.
This is one of Venice’s typical cafe-bars, hidden in a narrow street with no signs. During the morning it is a great place to stop for delicious Italian coffee, and at night travelers can take a seat on one of the outdoor stools and enjoy a great glass of wine or a fancy Aperol Spritz.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Osteria da Codroma
Located by a quiet canal, the atmosphere at Osteria da Codroma’s terrace is relaxed and laid-back, making it an ideal option for those who want to enjoy a cool glass of wine in peace. Inside, however, the long shared table where visitors will sit side by side with strangers makes for a completely different atmosphere: noise, servers, patrons, spaghetti and mussels are all thrown together, creating a more hectic feel.
Caffe Rosso is a tiny bar in Dorsoduro with a lively atmosphere. The outdoor tables are arranged in a beautiful Venetian square, and it is an ideal stop either in the morning for a quick coffee, during lunchtime for one of their appetizing tremezzino (sandwiches without a crust that are very popular in Italy), or at night for a typically Italian Aperol Spritz.
Cafe Noir is frequented by the city’s trendiest crowd, composed mostly of young students and artists. This quirky bar has great music that accompanies their top-notch beverages and yummy snacks. Sometimes there are theme nights, so its worth checking in advance. The bar’s outdoor terrace is perfect for enjoying the fresh air and a drink whilst chatting with friends.
Cantina del Vino Già Schiavi
Not only is this one of the best bars in Dorsoduro, it is also one of the ten best bars in the entire city of Venice. Cantinone Già Schiavi, or Al Bottegon, as it is also known, is a picturesque bar situated by a canal, and it is the perfect place to enjoy a delicious glass of wine whilst people-watching. Their cichetti (bar snacks) are delicious, ranging from a spectacular bruschetta to cod purée or a tasty tuna with leek.
Osteria alla Bifora
Osteria alla Bifora is a classy location with chandeliers, beautiful candlelight and a rustic feel. It is quite a small establishment, so it is usually very full, and offers hearty servings, delicious snacks and incredible drinks.
Madigan’s Irish Pub
This funky pub is situated on Campo Santa Margherita, one of the liveliest streets in Venice for nightlife. The pub offers a great selection of international beers and one of the strangest cocktail and spirit menus in the city, with some unexpected choices (many including absinthe).
Tourists who are lucky enough to be in Venice during the summer months should take advantage of the city’s warm weather and head to this bar. Enjoy the lovely outdoors terrace, located by a canal, and watch a beautiful Venetian sunset. The drinks are good and their sandwiches are excellent and make for a great evening snack. There are occasional live music performances here too.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.