There is no better place to enjoy some quality family time than at an amusement park. Germany is home to several high-end amusement and aqua parks that promise thrilling rides, scintillating shows, and endless adventure for everyone. If you feel your day of fun ended too quickly, you can always spend the night at the park resorts and gear up for a whole new day of fun. Here are our top picks of amusement parks in Germany.
Thinking of a fun-filled getaway to Germany? Join our four-day Mini Trip to Munich and explore some of the best Christmas markets in Europe with the help of our Local Insider.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Europa Park, the biggest amusement park in the country and the second largest in Europe (after Disneyland Paris), attracts almost six million visitors every year. This spectacular park has several themed areas, including Austria, Luxembourg, Ireland, Italy, England, France, Grimm’s Enchanted Forest and lots more, ensuring that visitors are met with surprises at every turn. Europa Park has 13 roller coasters among a seemingly endless range of rides for all ages, plus five resorts.
Phantasialand is a short drive away from Cologne and promises a day (or more) of endless fun and giggles for the whole family. The daredevils are going to love super-thrilling rides like Black Mamba, Talocan, and River Quest. There are lots of rides for kids and entire families as well, ensuring that nobody, not even the littlest guests, feels left out. Also, make sure you catch at least some of the enchanting shows on offer.
Movie Park is divided into seven movie-themed areas with a wide range of rides, including Hollywood Street Set, Streets of New York, Nickland, The Old West, Santa Monica Pier, Adventure Lagoon, and Federation Plaza, each area as intriguing as it sounds. Also, don’t miss the Crazy Cops New York stunt show when you visit. The main draw of this park is the chance to bump into everyone’s favorite—SpongeBob SquarePants!
A short drive away from the bustling city of Berlin and you will find yourself in Tropical Islands, which awaits with the promise of sand, sun, and swaying palm trees all throughout the year! Here, you will have the chance to whizz down Germany’s highest water slide, relax with your toes buried in soft sand, explore the charming lagoon, let yourself be amazed by the world’s biggest indoor rainforest and go for a balloon ride. There are lots of overnight stay options at the resort as well.
LEGOLAND woos the young and old alike with tons of fun, adventure, and 56 million LEGO bricks! Explore entire worlds made of LEGO bricks or scream aboard thrilling rides, make friends with robots or jet ski across rapid waters—you just can’t go wrong at LEGOLAND. Also, there is a smaller indoor LEGOLAND in another location (Oberhausen) in Germany.
Heide Park has five themed areas, namely Lower Saxony, Pirate Bay, Transylvania (with a castle), Land of the Forgotten, and Wild Wild West. This amusement park stands out from similar parks not just because of its massive size, but also thanks to its award-winning steepest wooden roller coaster in the world (Colossos), the world’s tallest drop tower (aptly named as Scream), as well as its beautiful landscape made of colorful flowers beds, a lake, and woodlands.
Hansa Park enjoys a stunning location on the coast of the Baltic Sea. From the park’s Holstein Tower, visitors get to enjoy panoramic views over the sea. The park has a great range of thrilling rides for adrenaline seekers as well as fun rides, train tours, gardens, parades and bands for the entire family to enjoy.
Holiday Park boasts the first free-fall tower in all of Europe, which is still its biggest attraction. While bigFM Expedition GeForce is designed especially for visitors with a taste for thrills, cute rides like Bee Whirls, Flip The Grasshopper and merry-go-rounds are perfect for smaller children and families. In this park, children also get to meet adorable cartoon characters and watch exciting shows.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.