Kollektiv Turmstrasse – ‘Sorry I Am Late’
This track is a club favourite in Berlin. The booming bass line and kick drum are accompanied by chopped vocal samples during the first few bars, easily recognisable whenever a DJ mixes them in. Percussion slowly builds as the vocal sample entertains you every step of the way until the beat drops halfway through and a dark synth melody takes the track to another level. The driving force is the combination of a simple bass line with a catchy vocal hook that will stay in your head hours after the track has come and gone.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Trentemøller – ‘Vamp’
This track’s 6/8 timing makes ‘Vamp’ stands out as the rolling bass line flirts with rock and roll over a dark and distorted electronic nature, and analog synths break through the bass like an axe through wood. As the track builds, so does the percussion, becoming more robotic with every beat. The fusion of dark rock music and electronic music is so well done that this track, which is over 10 years old, stand the test of time.
Maceo Plex – ‘Solar Detroit’
Bursting with dark matter, ‘Solar Detroit’ is gold on the dance floor. The track’s introduction, with a heavy kick drum and a continuously rolling military-style snare drum, transports into a dark and ominous room. As other percussive elements enter the void, the track slowly builds until a break of sunlight finds its way into this dark room, followed by the first hints of melody that seep through the cracks before blasting open and exposing the world of synthesis.
Dettmann | Klock – ‘Phantom Studies’
The latest from some of Berghain’s biggest residents, this track represents the mysteries of this notorious techno temple. With a quick tempo and a repeating synth melody that bounces from left to right, only the Berghain sound system itself can show the true craftsmanship of this track. The combination of sub-bass and kick drum are minimal and dark, and percussion slowly builds throughout, adding new paces as it progresses.
Truss – ‘Brockweir’
This is probably the darkest techno track on the planet. A continuously rolling, heavily distorted synth immediately violates your ears with sounds like aliens battling throughout the dark cosmos with laser guns – all slowly building to an unforgettable mammoth drop. Please mind your ears and your neighbours when listening to this track.
Jonas Saalbach – ‘Bonnie’
‘Bonnie’ from Jonas Saalbach’s latest album, Perspective, is a journey with soaring strings and pulsing bass line that keep the heart racing while easing the soul. The track blends soft chords with well-orchestrated percussive elements as a high-pitch analog synth line holds your attention. These different elements are warped throughout the track, with the beat widening the deeper it goes.
Dirk Sid Eno – ‘Morgens In Odonien’
This track is dedicated to Dantze Odonien, a techno club in Cologne with a large outdoor area and rustic feel – a close relative to Berlin’s Sisyphos. It reflects the early morning raves where some of the best DJs play. Steampunk-themed percussion draws you in, and beautiful chord progression and glorious synth melody keep the energy up as you dance.
Pavel Petrov – ‘Ayahuasca’
True to its name, this track is a real trip. Combining the spiritual and electronic world, Pavel Petrov guides you, slowly at first, adding layer upon layer of textural synths, with an occasional whisper of god-like vocals. Feel the beat build and build until the mammoth drop.
Acid Pauli – ‘Ayam’
‘Ayam’ from Acid Pauli’s latest album BLD, is more than just a dance floor hit. It’s a deeper and more intelligent look into the way dance music can be made without the dominant four-to-the-floor kick drum. Multiple melodies and warm percussion float through the air as the groove is shaped. The track’s textures sound how animals might if they could communicate through synthesis.
Latmun – ‘Def’
This dark and groovy track shows off the talents of English producer DJ Latmun. It has a house-styled beat blended with formal dark techno and vocal samples reminiscent of the ’90s acid house era. With percussion elements constantly exploding and a synth line coming around every so often, there’s never a dull moment throughout the track – it’s pure energy.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.